Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

LT-40 stabilizer help

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

LT-40 stabilizer help

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 01:06 PM
DJSE7EN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT-40 stabilizer help

I have finished building my fuselage and wing of my lt-40 kit
i just finished gluing my stabilizer together i followed my instructions to the letter i have a very flat work table and built it over the plans now after the glue dries instructions say to sand the stabilizer on both sides. All the leading edges are
5/16"x1/2" balsa and the ribs are 5/16"x5/16" sq
so when the glue dried and i removed my stabilizer from the work table the bottom that was against the table is flush all the way around. All the ribs and the stab center section and stab L.E. joiner on the top are about 1/16" above the leading edges now i was wondering should i sand my stabilizer flush on the top and bottom i'm having problems figuring it out be cause the instructions say only to sand the stab to smooth out all the glue joints and not to sand more then 1/32" under the original 5/16" thickness well if every piece was exactly 5/16" why is there the 1/16" above the leading edges helppp pleaseeee what should i do?

Old 04-20-2003, 02:15 PM
NOVAflier
My Feedback: (21)

I remember when I built mine, there were some portions of the inside that were raised a bit. I think I sanded them flush. 1/16 is not really alot. I don't see why it would be a problem to sand it flush.
Old 04-20-2003, 03:06 PM
Small Fry

I questioned that exact same thing with mine! I am still building on mine, it's covered and everything, waiting for the radio. What I did with my vert stab was I filled everything, and then sanded it flush so you couldnt tell where there was a joint or not.