Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Flying Thingz

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Flying Thingz

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 01:52 PM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flying Thingz

The sim does a very good job at emulating how the real thing flies.

See the above posts which echo how the real deal behaves.

It's a short winged delta flyer for all intents and purposes.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:00 PM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A VERY short winged DELTA flyer.

Our few at the Ocean City Airfest in September. It was definitely a crowd pleaser because we did a little skit with it. They just couldn't believe that thing was going to fly until the pilot got it in the air. One advantage we had was flying it off of pavement. A definite plus because there was on drag to speak of. But, flying it in any wind, even with the OS 50 SF engine was a challenge. In this case, the wind was about 15 knots but right down the centerline. Everytime the pilot did a downwind orbit, it ended up about 10 feet further downwind. Then trying to get it back upwind was a challenge, so he just turned it. Afer about 10 or so orbits, well, he had to land it because we could just figure it was going to go out of sight after a short time.

But, we got a real nice cheer and applause from the very pleased crowd.

CGr.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Villa

Hi CGRetired
The Flying Lawnmower is one of my favorites. Since yours is a Club plane, have others flown it? Have you tried it? What do you or others have to say about it? You may remember that I designed, built, and have flown my own Flying Lawnmower. Mine is built from Coroplast, which is a corrugated plastic material. I wrote comments in this Forum on the first page. I flew mine for about 3 years, just about every week. Mine was fairly easy to fly, but you did have to keep your eye on it. About 6 months ago or so I lost radio contact with it and it crashed. Never could find the reason for the crash. I could fix it in about one day but decided to use the components for a new Coroplast Biplane. I had to do a lot of flight testing and changes to get mine to behave. About 5 club members flew it and thought it was not that hard to fly. On mine, the incidence of the handle (the handle you would grasp to push it if it was a real mower) was very critical. When the angle was "off", the mower was no fun to fly. Have you or your people contacted the manufacturer for comments on getting it to fly easier? Mine is not difficult to fly at all. It is different. I developed an extremely durable landing gear for it because I like to make 10-20 landings each flight.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:46 PM
davidgeorge212

I downloaded the 4 stroke version of the lawnmower off of knife edge swaps and that sim flies fantastic. no bad habits at all, not over controled, and flies like it does in all the videos. I think the one g3 put out has a bug in it or something because it just does not fly well at all.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:10 AM
Marvinf14
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HEY MY R/C COMMUNITY:
Does any one knows WWW.FLYINGTHINGZ.COM , My fellow PILOTS I need help here: I placed an order on Date:Sep 19, 2014 Time: 15:17:17 PDT Status:Completed, after three weeks i contacted through FLYINTHINGZ page MR Diaz, Tony, which I believe is owner of Flyingthingz, October 16th(3 weeks later) asking why I have not received my three items ordered, which are the Witch, Mower and Snoopy House totaling $445.00 and this is his response "I should have it figured out somehow by Monday afternoon. I've had some challenges the last few months, and got a little behind, and with a sudden influx of orders, PayPal decided to see what was going on, and asked for proof of shipment on several recent orders." Ok so I figure Mr Tony, got behind, no biggie i'll receive my items soon, nooooooooooooooo thats not the case, see my fellow pilots Paypal sent me an "Track your package at UPS, tracking number ZR25A820397160782." But when one clicks in UPS this tracking number states:"A UPS shipping label has been created, once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated". Ok I waited a week or two, then i started contacting Mr Diaz cause i have not received yet my order,but guess what my fellow pilots, he will not answer the Google Subscriber Phone service nor my emails to his FLYINGTHINGS Page nor the one in PAYPAL, its now almost 2 full months with no repy from Mr Diaz, then I checked in RCU and Ripoff Report , now i believe I lost my $445 dollars and he is been doing this to other PILOTS, if anyone knows him personally please let him know i would like to receive my items since i know he wont give money back as he has done so to other customer which hasnt received anyting yet in 2 years
Old 12-16-2014, 11:38 AM
opjose

You could try the number here:

http://flyingthingz.com/forsale.html

However that page does not bode well.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:16 PM
Marvinf14
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only if you knew how many times i have called that number and emailed Mr Diaz, pffffffff, he's just here now to scam us all, its terrible sad what he's doing in our hobby