Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Easy Kits

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Easy Kits

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 11:02 AM
aglaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy Kits

What are some easy intermediate kits to build?? I know the 4* and similar planes are easy to build. I am just finishing an elder 40 as my first kit build and wonder how it compares to other planes..
Old 05-28-2008, 12:15 PM
r2champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Easy Kits

Since you built the elder, just about any newer popular kit from big names like Great Planes, Sig, Goldberg, etc. would be good next builds. Most all of them have plans, instructions, and precut wood (I am sure there are exceptions) that make them "easier" than some. After learning the kit building basics like you did with the elder, you can't really go wrong with any of these. Even if you get a kit that is one of the harder ones to build, you have the essentials to push through and get it done. To me, the only thing that makes one kit harder than another is not the complexity, but having to sand a little more or maybe even cut out or modify "some" of your own parts based on the plans. Don't let any kit intimidate you, you can get it done! Best of luck!
Old 05-28-2008, 12:39 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Easy Kits

Ditto. If you can build an Elder, just about any of the newer (Last 15 years) kits will be a breeze.