Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

LT-40 Build question

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

LT-40 Build question

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 07:23 PM
madmoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT-40 Build question

Hi! I'm in the process of building my first airplane, the SIG LT-40. I have both wings done and am in the process of joining them. I have been following Ken's LT-40 build thread as well as the manual, and have come up with a problem. I used Ken's Dihedral template for the LT-40, and thought I had cut it out correctly and used it correctly, but when I dry fit the wing halves, they don't exactly meet. I found if I place 5/16" of balsa stock under the dihedral tip gauge, it meets pretty close (within 1/16" ). I'm not sure what to do at this point. I have checked to make sure the spars are flush with the W-1 rib on both halves, and the leading and trailing edges don't extend beyond either. I don't see that I can sand that much off the facing sides without removing too much material to make them meet flush at the proper angle.

Ideas?

Thanks!
Michael Moe
Old 06-09-2008, 08:39 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: LT-40 Build question

A 5/16 inch increase is not going to really hurt you at all. If you end up with a small gap, you can fill it with epoxy. Good Luck, Dave