Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Showtime 50 Pattern/3D prop

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Showtime 50 Pattern/3D prop

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 10:56 AM
ro347
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Showtime 50 Pattern/3D prop

Im flying a Showtime 50 with a saito 91. Waht would be a good prop to have the best of both worlds - pattern/3D flying? I was using a 15x4 but seemed to be too much for the engine as it was EATING fuel. Ive changed to a 14x8 but plane has a much longer landing approach. Im looking for some speed and alot of thrust. Does anyone have experience with Showtime 50 and saito 91? Thanks!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Jburry

Default RE: Showtime 50 Pattern/3D prop

Well, if 15x4 was too thrusty (not sure what fuel economy has to do withit, but you were probably flying at a higher throttle setting to keep speed up with the low pitch), and a 14x8 was too fast, then a 14x or 15x 6 would seem to split the difference.... Buy one of each, fly'em both and decide. The 14 will turn better RPM's, and thus have better speed. The thrust should be similar betweeen the 2 with the rpm difference. If the 14x6 isn't enough prop, try the 15x, and trim the tips till you get the performance you want.

J
Old 06-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Blazer1
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Showtime 50 Pattern/3D prop

14x8 and 15x6 are props I run on my Saito 100, I think you are running to much prop. 14x7 for speed or 15x5 for thrust on a Saito 91. You can not gain thrust and speed with a prop change, higher pitch = less thrust, more speed,...lower pitch=more thrust ,less speed. The only way you can gain speed and thrust is with more horsepower.