Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Question about RC flier books

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Question about RC flier books

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Spacemonkey71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about RC flier books

Are there any decent books available for beginning RC plane fliers? I'm a person who enjoys learning from books and hands-on, so I'd like to know if there are any book available about tuning glow engines, basic take off's, landings, cross-wind flying, Tx/Rx failure options, spins, stalls, those special "oh, crap...." moments when you turn off your Tx, put your hands in your pockets and watch the BOOM!!!!,you know, all the "fun" stuff that you have to deal with in the "real world" that you might find out about if you scoured 20 boards for 2 months

Old 07-11-2008, 09:19 AM
MasterAlex

Default RE: Question about RC flier books

Spacemonkey

I really enjoyed Scott Stoop's book called [link=http://www.rcpilotguide.com/]the pilot's guide to mastering radio controlled flight[/link]. It's not everything you describe but a good reference to basic flight all the way up to 3D/High-Alpha flight. I keep it with me when I travel to brush up on proper techniques. I'd recommend this to anyone looking to learn/improve on their RC flight techniques.

-MA
Old 07-11-2008, 09:24 AM
Flying freak

http://www.radiocontrolmodelaircraft...book/bfibd.htm

This will not teach you 3d flight or anythign else its really ment to help you understand whats going on and why/ how when your learning to fly (pre solo) good reading for anyone getting into the hobby

Steven
Old 07-11-2008, 10:53 AM
playntraffic

I also vote for Scott Stoop's book. Very good instruction on flight.

Most everything you want to learn about engine tuning and other basics can be found here...for free.