Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Futaba/JR Trainer Link????

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Futaba/JR Trainer Link????

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 10:46 PM
WingmanEPTX
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba/JR Trainer Link????

hello all, back with another problem another question.

ok i have a JR Sport 4 chan xmitter and the hangar9 trainerlink cable that came with it on my old trainer plane. The trainer link cable is a Y cable..one end has the JR connector for use with JR xmitter and on the Y end is one connector for JR type and one connector for the Futaba round din plug type. So 1st of all this cable is obviously supposed to link JR with Futaba. Sooo I got a new Futaba 6EX xmitter which has the square micro plug. Ok my cable doesnt fit so i find the Hangar 9 adapter cable, which is round din connector to square micro. I plug everything in and cant get the JR xmitter to control the plane. I have the trainer function ON in the futaba, the futaba controls the plane fine, I am holding the trainer switch up on the futaba when trying to get the student JR to control, I even tried vice versa, tried taking the xmitter crystal out of the JR(thought i heard this somewhere once), tried everything with the JR both turned on and off. OK WHAT GIVES?

Anyone know whats up with this? how to get it to work? what am i doing wrong?
as always any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks in advance!!!!
-kevin
Old 07-11-2008, 10:51 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Futaba/JR Trainer Link????

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to make it work with the setup you are trying. The only way to run a buddy box setup using the two radios you have is for the JR radio to be the master radio and the Futaba being the slave (using the trainer cord you already have). A JR radio will not work as a slave to a Futaba. The only way you can use a JR as a slave is when the master is a JR/Spektrum radio.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Ken
Old 07-11-2008, 11:07 PM
WingmanEPTX
My Feedback: (1)

DAMN! ok, so i have another plane that i still use the JR to fly. So i tried on that plane using the JR as the master and the Futaba as the slave, couldn't get it to work. What am i still doin wrong, or am I missing somethin?
-kevin
Old 07-12-2008, 05:13 AM
jetmech05

A year ago or so there were a bunch of bad JR to Futaba buddy cords...at the field one day 2 out of 3 were bad