Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Can too high a tank cause deadsticks?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Can too high a tank cause deadsticks?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 11:14 AM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Can too high a tank cause deadsticks?

Kind of interesting from Morgan fuel.Of course to a minute degree they have a point but after all they want to sell fuel so guess we shoild just throw away what is left after flying??? Not at the cost of fuel will I do that. Anyhow this thread has all the answers you should need. Interesting that you seemed to have solved your problem by removing muffler baffle. Perhaps the small vent in muffler had been clogged with whatever and in the process you got it cleared. Anyhow this hobby has many many little annoyances but they usually have a solution. All part of the learning process. Keep them flying.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:19 AM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can too high a tank cause deadsticks?

ORIGINAL: cappaj1

So my routine from now on is going to be to just fly the last flight of the day as close to empty as possible and leave any remaining fuel in the tank, then to remove the lines from the carb and muffler, run any remaining fuel out of the engine, and lastly to add after run oil through the carb hole and turn over the engine by hand to lubricate the engine thoroughly.
OK, if you leave that fuel in the tank, it will absorb moisture, and then it will effect the fresh fuel you put in next time. If you use after run, you need to use an electric starter to turn the engine over in order to throw that oil everywhere. It will not be sufficiently spread out if you only turn it over by hand.