Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

My Sunday

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

My Sunday

Old 01-25-2009, 09:36 PM
fly boy2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Sunday

Today my family came out and watched me fly. They have never seen me fly so; they were excited, I was nervous. Rewind back 7 hours and we woke up late for church[&:]. After a few hours, I noticed that one of our dogs was missing( Mollie). We searched the entire house and couldnt find her. My sister looked out the window and seen something dead on the side of the highway. Our frontyard has a highway running through it. Well my Dad took a look and it was here[X(]. We thought he was joking and my mom had to go look for herself. After it was confirmed; my parents got her and wrapped her in a blanket. We had decided to go for chinese earlier. Went and eat and met my uncle and aunt. Got the the field and no one was there. Too cold and windy for the rest of the members; but not for me. Me and my dad and uncle ( who might get a EP plane) got out and helped me unload the plane. Got everything ready and did my last checks and gave her full throttle[8D]; lifted up the ground. Circled and got a feel for her. Since I had to rebuild her; I noticed I had done some mistakes: landing gear is a lil off ( tail dragger) to the right; and engine is a lil right. She did wonderful none of those mistakes effected her at all. Did a few loops and rolls,did a low pass. Decided to bring her in[]. Trying to land in a strong headwind; she came down; a lil hard; gear bottomed out and rebounded and she on the ground[8D]. The best part was the landing was tape on a cell phone; now I can watch it over and over again. I may try to see if any of my friends after school want to ride down to the field after school. That was my day. Decided that I want to leave with an entire plane and left. Just a note Mollie did not suffer; was prolly killed instanly by a semi.

This post was dedicated to Mollie.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50102.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	1119665  
Old 01-25-2009, 09:52 PM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My Sunday

Sorry to hear that about Mollie. []
Old 01-25-2009, 09:53 PM
sparky577

Very sorry to hear about your dog. It's always hard to lose a pet, They're like a member of the family.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:02 PM
fly boy2

What shocked us; was the fact that she never goes toward the road. It was always get out and get in in the shortest amount of time. I guess it realilty and thats what happens when you live near the road. The good thing was that when I was flying; it took everyone mind off
Old 01-26-2009, 06:42 PM
terrywolfpack
My Feedback: (83)

Sorry to hear your loss... The sad thing is our pets our like family members to us. I had a cat for 22 years and i had to put him down darn hardest thing i ever did... mollie will be missed but like i say will meet our beloved pets again...Terry
Old 01-26-2009, 07:20 PM
fly boy2

thanks everyone; today we had to put her in the ground today. Tomorrow I'm taking my dremel and making a cross; with her name on it