Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Spektrum DX6i setup

I have a 51-mustang pts. Could someone give me help to setting up ailerons differential and with this type of radio? If I'm not mistaken it is to prevent adverse yaw effect, if I'm not mistaken

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Spektrum DX6i setup

Takeoff,

Does your P-51 call for setting up aileron differential? If not I wouldn't concern myself, just setup the control throws as recommended in the model's instructions. Since we are not sitting in the airplane with a ball and needle to coordinate flight its a pain to deal with in getting the differential correct its a trial and error process.

With that said probably the easiest way to setup differential is with dual servos setting the end points adjustment on the transmitter. Setting up differential mechanically is another thing, and far more difficult getting the throws correct but it can be done. You will need review your radio's manual in how to set the end point adjustments. I am not familiar with the DX6i and someone else can probably add more.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Personally I use a DX7, but I just downloaded the DX6i's manual and it's very similar. I may be teaching you to suck eggs here, but I'll include all the small details (which you may already know) just in case. You'll need use two separate servos for your ailerons. Plug one servo into the AIL port of the receiver, and the other into the AUX1 port. Adjust the servo reversing switches as required to get them working the right way. Then get into your radio's setup menu for this model, and change the "wing/tail mix" setting to "dual aileron". Then find your "adjust list" and find "differential dualail rate" and alter the percentage. Start with a small amount (say 5%) and experiment from there.

As Steve said, you probably don't need it... and it's just as easy to use a ail-rudder mix if you have real problems with adverse yaw. Something else to consider - on the DX7 it's called "flaperon mode" and it changes the "flaps" switch to a "flaperons switch". If the DX6i works the same way and your mustang comes with flaps you may be sacrificing them to get differential.
    Matt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You dont want to fool with flaperon mixing on the PTS, its got inboard flaps and outboard ailerons, you dont want to droop outboard ailerons, you create wash-in at the tip and invite tip stalls.

I've flown that plane a lot and don't think it would benefit from differential.
    Andy - Helicopter Forum Moderator
    AMA 77227 Leader Member- Contest Director
    www.JaxRC.com