Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

How to know where we posted?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

How to know where we posted?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 12:05 PM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How to know where we posted?

Well, it looks like someone has figured out how to be testy.

Zor, just relax, take a deep breath, and just browse around. You joined on 2-23-2009. I joined back, heck, it shows up under my name over on the left. And I STILL don't know everything there is to know abour RCU, and probably don't care to. Just play around, look over what you can do with replies, original posts, and so on, and let the knowledge soak in.

None of us have lots of time to spend on this site (or any site for that matter), but we all seem to manage.

CGr.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:02 PM
warningshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: Zor

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

Zor:

On the top of each forum, upper right, there are 3 yellow (on mine anyway) slots. One is named "Filter". It starts with "Show all posts" but by clicking the down bar, the bottom option is "Show all posts I contributed to."

So on the bottom and sometimes top of any forum, you can jump to any forum, then click on "Show all posts I contributed to." From there, read your postings.

Edited to add: You can also set up a "My Forums" and eliminate all those items you might not care for. Saves me much time.

Best I can do to help you out.

Hossfly,

I regret having to tell you that your directives are one more misleading information.

All the misleading information I have received is another example that users of RC Universe do not know well the software they are working with and how to handle it.

I do not see anything like you are describing.

I wish to thank you however for your concern and your posting.
It is a nice gesture on your part but the information is simply not there.

I sure hope that people in this forum know their model airplanes better than they know the software they are using.

This thread, which I initiated, is "out of topic" with model airplanes and I suggest this conversation should end as it is leading nowhere.

I will join the multitude of guests. I am convinced that many would like to participate as active forum members if the system was much more friendly to use. It possibly could be if there was a location completely explaining accurately "how to maneuver" in this forum.

The FAQ are useless for that purpose although it was referred to me while it has nothing about what I was looking for.

I have pity for Ken who has to use multitude of email to manage his function as a moderator.
That is a shame when things could be much more simple (the KISS principle).

With my best regards to all readers. I am with you gals and guys.

Zor

Zor
If you will get out of this thread and follow Hossfly's instructions it is there.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Zor
Banned

Zor
If you will get out of this thread and follow Hossfly's instructions it is there.
[/quote]

Thanks very much,

Hello all participnts and readers of RC Universe,

I am told to do what Hossfly wrote
Here is what I read from Hossfly _ _ _
-
Zor:

On the top of each forum, upper right, there are 3 yellow (on mine anyway) slots. One is named "Filter".
unquote

When I come into the forum I see what I consider the "basic page".
Whatever anyone wants to call it, The front page; the home page,

At the top left there are the globe and the text RC UNIVERSE circling the globe and the .com (dot com) underneath. Immedialy to the right there is a yellow car.

Just above the yellow car level there is a blue line with white lettering that says _ _ _
Ny account my models, help me, upgrade, search

No filter in that line.

Just below the yellow car another line mainly in black says _ _ _
Home, forums (in blue background), buy & sell, user reviews, magazine, rc community, advertizers and on to the right in yellow background the words sign out.

No filter in that line.

Below that at the left is the field "search all forums" and to the right a group of icons in circles that say _ _
MY (big) forums, cars, planes, electric, helis, boats.

No filter in that line.

Just below the line of circles another line says _ _ _
FAQ, new posts, member list, search, inbox, settings.

No filter in that line.

Below that a couple of advertisement and then the list of who is ON.
and below that . . .
all forums >> rc airplanes

The first forum is "RC Universe Online Magazine - Enter Here"
The eight forum is "beginners".
The last one is "WattFlyer.com eflight forums",

No filter in that page

To my knowledge, I am evidently not in the thread I started.
I was told to get out of this thread. As per above I am not in the thread yet.

I did not find the word "filter anywhere"

Enough said.

I think that any members that contimued to try to help do deserve a reply and not be ignored.
That is the purpose of this posting.

I do not enjoy what I do not understand.

Zor

Old 03-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Muroc1

Zor,

I've been down the road you are on right now. I must admit RCU has to be the most confusing forum I have ever been on. Just wait until you start getting tons of emails every day and can't figure out how or why that's happening let along how to stop it.

Good luck and enjoy. I'm finally starting to learn my way around.

Frank
Old 03-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Bob Mitchell

ORIGINAL: Zor
That's because your not in "the forum". You are on RCU's home page (which is not "the forums") but where there is a link to get to the forums. When you get to the list of fourms, select one......any one.......and you will see exactly what Horrace is talking about.

And, by the way, the RCU pages look exactly the same whether one is using XP, Vista, or any other working version of Windows.

I think you will find more willing cooperation here if you spend less time telling folks how they don't understand the software and more time asking questions in a less combative manner.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Zor
Banned

ORIGINAL: Muroc1

Zor,

I've been down the road you are on right now. I must admit RCU has to be the most confusing forum I have ever been on. Just wait until you start getting tons of emails every day and can't figure out how or why that's happening let along how to stop it.

Good luck and enjoy. I'm finally starting to learn my way around.

Frank
Dear Frank,

I am not asking questions anymore nor requesting any more help for obvious reasons.
I am posting. like this post, as a courtesy to those who have posted concerning this case.

I thank you for your comments.

When you write "I'm finally starting to learn my way around" after 609 posting, it speaks for itself.

Concerning the email I am getting them also up to now but I think I know how to stop that.
It will likely stop by itself as well as I become an occasional reader (or guest).

Ken, one of the moderators, has posted previously showing how he is using that multitude of email to do his functon as a moderator. I expressed pity for him.

I had to register and come in to find out about RC Universe. Since 23 of February I have found mainly how confusing the software handling is. I am not surprised now of the kind of answers I have received.

I will respond only to any future posting like yours.

I have one more to respond to. After that if management wish to lock this thread or remove it entirely that is fine with me.

I thank you again for your posting and wish you all the best enjoyment in this fine hobby.

Zor

Old 03-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Zor
Banned

ORIGINAL: Bob Mitchell

ORIGINAL: Zor
That's because your not in "the forum". You are on RCU's home page (which is not "the forums") but where there is a link to get to the forums. When you get to the list of fourms, select one......any one.......and you will see exactly what Horrace is talking about.

As the home page comes in I bring my mouse pointer to the menu listings marked "forum" and the menu drops down. I then click "rc airplanes" and as far as I am concerned I am in the rc airplane forum at that moment and I do not have a button marked "filter". You are indicating that we then have to select one of the headings which I would logically consider "sub-forum". I did that on half a dozen of them and I still DO NOT have a filter written anywhere contrary to your claim. I also notice you say it is there and I beleive you but you did not show me the routing. The routing I am describing above does not lead to a filter button or filter as part of a menu.

And, by the way, the RCU pages look exactly the same whether one is using XP, Vista, or any other working version of Windows.

Thanks for that info. I am using only one operating sustem, XP pro.

I think you will find more willing cooperation here if you spend less time telling folks how they don't understand the software and more time asking questions in a less combative manner.

My dear friend Bob Mitchell, I completely disagree with your last paragraph. The nice people that have attempted to give me guidance have done so in an extrremely cooperative manner to the limit of their knowledge of this system.

I have sincerely thanked them. I could not however agree to directives that did not work and I felt justified to point out to them that it was not successful when it was not.
I DO NOT CONSIDER THAT COMBATIVE AT ALL. I do however fully understand why you would take this attitude and qualificative. So I will thank you as well for your posting and your kind help. I am looking for it but do not find it either.

Your posting was appreciated. I am sure you did your best.

I am now a reader or a guest perhaps on occasion. I surely do not need this frustration.

Zor
Edited to correct known misspellings.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:01 AM
JustErik

Zor, is it really possible that you don't see how combative and and pompous your posts are? No one has anything against you, but time and again you alienate yourself by picking a fight with folks who are genuinely trying to help. Everyone tried to help, but it's almost like you don't want it. This was the exact reason for the and the in my earlier post. I was anticipating the exact behavior you demonstrated, and you didn't let me down. Don't you get tired of arguing?
Old 03-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Clay Walters

Well ZOR,

I finally found the yellow boxes Hossfly was talking about. They aren't on the main page and they aren't visible inside this thread. But, when you first enter a Forum BEFORE you enter a thread they're just beneath the "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" options.

Used it to locate this thread!

Nice tool, just wish it was "Always on Top"

Regards,

Clay
Old 03-05-2009, 02:26 PM
TedMo

Clay; I guess it's wrong to attempt to disagree with this forum in any way. I have been floundering around on here for about a year now but still don't know what I'm doing half the time. Yes I have replied to posts at various times and even posted a thread on occassion. My intent has always been to being helpfull in some way but I have found the forum to be very hard to manipulate. I have tried in vain to post pix a nd done so following instructions given me but have not been successful. They say that all things on here appear the same on all computers, don't think so. I use a Mac so maybe that is a problem. Anyhow I love the forum it has many bits of info that even those of us that have been in RC for many years can profit by but it is hard to manage.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:10 PM
hogflyer

Zor,

I've attached a screen shot of the beginners forum. This is the forum you had to enter before you entered this thread. Above the blue bar on the far right are (3) yellow boxes. These are the boxes Hoss was talking about.

Hogflyer
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57354.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	1151198  
Old 03-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Clay Walters

Hi Ted,

Just beneath this "reply box" is a link that says "Click here to upload images and files!". This will permit you to upload a file off of your computer to this site and display it in your post. Another way is to link an image already posted and visible on the net (hosted) somewhere. This is useful since many websites will not host a pic for you. To do this pull up the pic on another browser session and copy and paste the link into your post. Then highlight the link and click on the "image" box above. This will apply a start image/end image coding to your post but should produce a visible image to the viewer once you submit it.
( I just did this to illustrate and it worked but the pic was so large I decided to edit it out and just leave an explanation for you to try out.)

Regards,

Clay
Old 03-06-2009, 02:18 PM
TedMo

Clay: Thanks for replying to me but I have tried in the past and again today to get pix in R C U . I did just as you had stated clicked on upload images and files. No luck. Now I will try sendind pix to you for you to put in maybe that will work? All I want to do is provide some ideas that may be usefull for some. Let me know if you get pix and have success getting into RCU. Oops cant do that since no attachment to send with. Would have to e-mail direct to you HAAA. I'm too old for this s-.