Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hobbycity delay

well i ordered $165 ($20 of that was shipping) from HC on sunday and it still hasnt shipped.
    everythings in stock. is HC one of those places you really have to have patience?
    shipping is air parcel if that matters
    Anything worth doing.............is worth overdoing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: hobbycity delay

patience grasshopper

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah, be patient. I have to say that most of my shipments have been pretty quick, but I never order anything from them if I need it right away.

There have been other folks on these boards who have been frustrated (understatement) by this same situation where stuff is in stock but doesn't ship right away.

Also, they don't always notify you when things ship. Sometimes the stuff will show up at my house before I get a ship notification.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok i figured it was patience.
    i dont need anything now, was just curious as this is my first order w/ them
    thanks
    Anything worth doing.............is worth overdoing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you think the wait to ship is bad, wait until you've experienced the wait for delivery! Notice the word I kept using? Shopping at HC involves a whole 'lotta patience!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would give them another day or two then i would get on the horn and start asking questions did they already recieve payment ? have you got a tracking number ? If not ask why.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Calling Hong Kong is probably a bit pricey, don'cha think?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oops forgot they were across the the pond. E- mail? maybe someone will reply

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My stuff took awhile to ship out, but it was fast once it left. They sent me a tracking number too.
    No arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If everything was in stock and you had it shipped EMS ( the more expensive route ), the merchandise will show up BEFORE the web page status changes! Usually within a week.

If you sent it the other way... wait, wait, wait... you'll see what you ordered in about three weeks.

They DO answer the e-mails, but I'd suggest waiting until you're tearing your hair out.

Every time I e-mail them about an order I'm waiting on, it shows up 10 minutes later!

There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you ordered it on a sunday they won't even receive the order until monday, and it won't reach the warehouse until tuesday. A couple days of packaging takes you to thursday (today). May be ready for shipping friday, but shipping companies do not move shipments on weekends so that moves it to monday. Maybe three days to receive it (depending on where you are located) brings the time you receive it to approximately thursday (week from today).

That all depends on two things though: 1) how is the time-zone difference in Hong Kong 2) backorders are not always up-to-date with this company, so something may be on backorder but not listed in the site yet. This happened to me with aerocraftrc.com I did not know the electric props I ordered were placed on backorder so the whole order was delayed and, three weeks later, I am still waiting. And they are in the next state over from me (I am in Massachusetts, they are in New York).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: shd3920

If you ordered it on a sunday they won't even receive the order until monday, and it won't reach the warehouse until tuesday. A couple days of packaging takes you to thursday (today). May be ready for shipping friday, but shipping companies do not move shipments on weekends so that moves it to monday. Maybe three days to receive it (depending on where you are located) brings the time you receive it to approximately thursday (week from today).
    I beg to differ...

For the past four weeks I've ordered in stock items from them LATE on Sunday night, shipping via EMS, and have received those items by Thursday of the SAME week. This has happens consistently and a total of 7 times for me now.

If you ship the other way, it can take quite a while.

There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: shd3920

Maybe three days to receive it (depending on where you are located) brings the time you receive it to approximately thursday (week from today).
    FedEx and UPS do three days from WA. to OK. USPS from Hong Kong in 3 days!? The government does nothing quickly, except srewing things up.
    No arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: brett65

FedEx and UPS do three days from WA. to OK. USPS from Hong Kong in 3 days!?
    The government does nothing quickly, except srewing things up.
    Yet that is exactly what the USPS has done reliably and consistently now for me on the last seven orders I've place via EMS on the H.K. site.

Once the package hits the U.S. West coast, it appears on my doorstep the next day on the East Coast.

I order on Sunday, it ships Monday, arrives in the U.S. Wednesday and it's delivered AM on Thursday.

Sometimes the post office gets things right.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have placed more than a dozen orders with them. It always takes from 2 to 3 weeks on average. When you order from China it always takes a lot of time. Their idea of airmail is not the same as US airmail, ours is much more dependable. If you are in a big hurry they offer special faster shipping for considerable more shipping money. I have never tried their faster shipping. by the time you pay all the extra you had just as well call a local distributor for 3 to 5 day service. Or there is the LHS same day for twice the price or maybe more.
    propjobbill (I just love to fly)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I changed from tower hobies to adnantage ships same day and free over $50.00
    According to my calculations the problem does not exist

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I placed about $150 order with them on Saturday the 7th of Feb. It shipped Air Mail (registered). I got good quick confirmations that the item shipped on the 12th from the Hong Kong post. I have not received my order yet, but it does say that it takes between 6-39 days, so i try as best as I can to wait patiently. I should have done my research and paid the extra $5 to do EMS express.
    I'll update here when I get my shipment.
    Curtis

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: wzak29

I changed from tower hobies to adnantage ships same day and free over $50.00
    Towerhobbies is my favorite distributor, I will never stop ordering from them. I have always received my packages quickly.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: beau0090_99

I placed about $150 order with them on Saturday the 7th of Feb. It shipped Air Mail (registered). I got good quick confirmations that the item shipped on the 12th from the Hong Kong post. I have not received my order yet, but it does say that it takes between 6-39 days, so i try as best as I can to wait patiently. I should have done my research and paid the extra $5 to do EMS express.
    I'll update here when I get my shipment.
    Curtis
    The extra EMS charge is well worth doing, as you've done.

Being in MN your package will take a could of additional days, given the routing from the hub... but you'll still find it quick... and NO it will not take 39 days for you!

-

As for the LHS/EMS arguement.

Even with the high EMS shipping fees, I pay FAR FAR less for items from H.C. often of BETTER quality than what I get from Tower.

Case in point...

I purchased EIGHT 5000mAh 20C 14.8v battery packs for around $54.00/ea from H.C.

ONE similiar pack from Tower is over $186.00!

I paid $30.00 shipping for the whole lot.

So for the price of two packs from Tower I purchased EIGHT from H.C.

Not bad at all!

I pay 19.00 for 25C 2200mAh 11v LiPo's from H.C. as well and they test out to 30C, 35C burst!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Last night at 8:45 PM my time, I ordered $189.00 worth of merchandise and paid $25.50 EMS shipping from HobbyCity. This morning at 1:45 AM my time I recieved an email from them saying my order has shipped and recieved a tracking number. I wish I could recieve that kind of service from Tower Hobbies. Instead of it taking them a minimum of 2 days to ship.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I finally got around to checking the tracking number. My package has already left Hong Kong and on it's way to America. You know most countries ship EMS on Saturday and Sunday so maybe I will receive my package Monday, if not it should be Tuesday. A lesson for everyone, pay for the EMS Shipping.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Heli,
    Post back here when it does arrive.
    Curtis

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It should arrive rather quickly. Every time I order from them I have it the same week. I always pay the EMS Shipping.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: flaminheli

Last night at 8:45 PM my time, I ordered $189.00 worth of merchandise and paid $25.50 EMS shipping from HobbyCity. This morning at 1:45 AM my time I recieved an email from them saying my order has shipped and recieved a tracking number. I wish I could recieve that kind of service from Tower Hobbies. Instead of it taking them a minimum of 2 days to ship.
    I will order from towerhobbies over hobbycity any day. I have placed many 1000s of dollars in orders from them and have always been satisfied.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I also order from Tower on the regular basis. I actually have three orders worth about $300.00 from them that should be here mid next week. There were three because I kept forgetting things I needed. I order from HC when they have something at a better price or something I cannot get anywhere else, like the 5 servos I ordered from them last night. I have to admit though, I can order from both companies within a few minutes apart and the order from HC arrives about 4 days before the Tower order does. I have actually done that before. Because Tower wants to take 2 days to process the order.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast