Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

JR SX600 TX

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

JR SX600 TX

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 09:11 PM
WWIIbirds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR SX600 TX

I have the JR sx600 TX and in the back of the instruction manual it gives me a list of frequencies but no where does it tell me how to change the channel im working, shouldn't i be able to do this?
Old 04-09-2009, 09:36 PM
mclina

Default RE: JR SX600 TX

You can't change the channel. The TX has a frequency crystal in the back that determines which channel you are transmitting. If you want to use a different channel, you really need to send the TX back and have them install and tune a new frequency crystal.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:38 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: mclina

You can't change the channel. The TX has a frequency crystal in the back that determines which channel you are transmitting. If you want to use a different channel, you really need to send the TX back and have them install and tune a new frequency crystal.
That only applies in the US. The OP lives in Canada and isn't subjected to the restrictions that US users have.

Ken
Old 04-09-2009, 09:42 PM
mclina

I saw that he was from Canada, that's why I didn't give him the legal response. Even if he can legally change the crystal himself, shouldn't he still send it in to prevent loss of range?
Old 04-09-2009, 10:01 PM
WWIIbirds

okay well thats fine, I have no reason to change it i was just wondering how because what happens at big RC meets there must be two people or more that are on the same channel as you right? what happens then?
Old 04-09-2009, 10:04 PM
mclina

Any flying field will have a frequency control system, either a board or a pin pole, and you need to 'have the pin' for your channel in order to fly.

Organized meets will typically have a radio impound to keep people from shooting each other down.

With most folks switching over to 2.4Ghz, you will find that very rarely will you have a frequency conflict.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:35 PM
WWIIbirds

okay last question, I actually recieved a PT-40 as my trainer but never really got into it. but once i got my corsair i was so motivated that im at the stage where i have to put servos into the corsair to finish it off. but i know i shouldn't fly the corsair before flying a trainer which means i have to build my trainer SO.. the question is lol i need to buy new servos for the pt-40 but how will i set them to be on the same channel as my TX and could anyone give me a price range for the whole servo package?
Old 04-10-2009, 02:16 AM
f_shawn68

WWIIbirds, you will need to buy a 2nd receiver. Standard servos will work fine for a trainer. I buy jr st47bb servos for about $13 each us. for a receiver, try to find an R720UL. Its a 7 channel receiver, but will work fine. I have one in a trainer using an SX600 TX. Its a syncronized receiver, so you dont have to worry about crystals for it. You will just need to select another model on your TX and sync the receiver to your radio and your done. The SX600 has memory for up to 6 different models. Just make sure you do it without any other radios on or near by.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:39 AM
mclina

In addition to the RX and servos, you will also need a battery pack and a switch. If you don't feel like piecing together a system (which could save you a few bucks), you can just go with this:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=JSP40020

And you will also need to order a RX crystal on your channel.

I have put together a couple of planes using Berg Microstamp RX's ($30) plus crystal (~$6), Hitec 311 servos (~$9 each), and 700mAh NiCd batteries (~$15). With a switch, this totals about $90-$95. You may be better off just buying the JR Sport flight pack.

Up until about a year ago, you could have gotten this flight pack with the 4 channel TX and crystals for $110. I ended up buying about three of these and just donating the extra TX's to the club for buddy boxes. Sadly, they do not sell this system, or your SX600 system anymore. That is a great, low cost, computer radio. It is all I use.

Good luck