Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

wireless buddy box

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

wireless buddy box

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 02:02 PM
jooNorway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wireless buddy box

I`ve been teaching for decades. Using MPX Profi as master I have been able to give the pupils some or all controls depending on what we are trying to learn. Especially keeping throttle control at the master is great when we start practicing pattern manouvers like big loops etc! Strange how hard it is to lower the throttle at the right point during a loop in the beginning. With XPO this feature is available at lowend systems too

And I have always wanted a system without cables between the transmitters! OK, might be good to stay close in the beginning, but when the pupils get nervous a lot of them tend to step back, forth and sideways... Just to keep track of the damn cable is a job on its own. The XPO solves this problem
Some students like to stay behind the plane for their first takeoffs, but I prefer to stay in the depot. The XPO solves this problem When he starts climb-out I could take control from the depot and the student could walk to the depot fast instead of two people together trying to get off the airfield walking like a pair of drunk sheeps...

I prefer using larger planes for teaching. No problems with 2 receivers on board

Usually the student have to use my pupil-radio instead of getting used to his own radio from the beginning. (Where are the dualrates, sliders etc?) The TX is a tool you have to know, just like a camera and its functions. XPO make this a non-existing problem

When the pupil begin to be safe I could get myself a cup of coffee, won`t have to stay put...

Hope to see some reviews soon, and also hope they ship to Norway

Price is not bad at all, close to cheap IMHO...
Old 07-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Stick 40

bill gates may have someone on the payroll to fly it for him!!!!

I have a student that flew kits before coming to rc planes. His kit flying days tought him to move his feet all the time and he was all over that cord.

thanks for the replays XPO, sounds like a very good idea.

might be something clubs could invest in....

sticks
Old 04-07-2010, 06:38 AM
XPO

XPO Customer Testimonial - 'Doc' at NALF Fentress Field, VA

[link=http://www.2icrc.com]Second In Command RC makers of the XPO Co-op Piloting System[/link]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-aLnbpeCHs[/youtube]
Old 04-08-2010, 07:52 AM
rlipsett

a buddy cord setup is a very temporary thing I find it hard to justify spending that type of money for an item that has a very limited time of being truly necessary. at my field we can usually find someone willing to share his radio to be buddy boxed to a students radio for training and if the radio is a computer radio we don't have to lose the preset settings of the good samaritans radio
Old 04-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Stick 40

ORIGINAL: rlipsett

a buddy cord setup is a very temporary thing I find it hard to justify spending that type of money for an item that has a very limited time of being truly necessary. at my field we can usually find someone willing to share his radio to be buddy boxed to a students radio for training and if the radio is a computer radio we don't have to lose the preset settings of the good samaritans radio
find someone to share a radio, what of servo direction, set up. We generaly have to spend time setting things up, teaching takes a lot of time and I don't or won't spend a hour setting up a lent radio to teach.

I am at present trying to set up my JR 2.4 as a trainer and have the student buy a 2.4 RX. If he does not get a 2.4 radio to use it in, I will buy it from him for full price.

As for temperary, I generaly have a student or two each year. I do agree it a lot to spend for a toy. If I had money to burn, I would have one!!!!
s
sticks
Old 04-12-2010, 09:50 AM
XPO

Redundancy Setup I - Automatic Fail-Safe to secondary tx/rx using Programmable Fail-Safe tx/rx for the primary pilot.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh-279r4L48[/youtube]