Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 09:22 PM
toothman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I DID IT!!!!!!!!!

I finaly took up my super trainer 60 for itsmaiden/first flight. It is also my very first flight for a nitro. i have been on the sim for about a week and was getting tired of seeing the 5 mph wind week go away so today on the calmest day i thought i would be sick if i let a day like this go by and not even fly my super cub. well my family was geting sick of me just wondering around the house thinking about it the whole time and they told me JUSTDOIT.
so i went out side and there was no wind so i thought 'ill just drive it around the yard for the 4th time and let the engion break in a bit. about the 4th pass i was gunning it to full throtle and the engion was just purring. i could not take it any more and i just decided TODOIT. i broght the plane back in and fueled it completly full(did not want to dead stick). and before i knew it i was at the egde of my yard giving it the go, and it died, it died three times. finaly i let the engion warm up a bit and eased the throtle to full. O the sound it made at first lift off was B-E-A-utiful. i made about 4 turns then landed on a VERY short runway and at the very very very end it nosed over just a bit but came back and landed on all three.
the dumbest thing iv proly done since the only person around with any flying experiance at all was me!

(just thought id brag abit)

I LOVE THIS HOBBY!

Old 05-29-2009, 09:33 PM
WestCoastFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: I DID IT!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on your first glow solo!  Way to go!  Take a picture of your airplane for your scrapbook.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:41 PM
hudmun

Default RE: I DID IT!!!!!!!!!

way to go, I'll bet that got all your attention. [:-]