Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

new pilot

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

new pilot

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 10:11 AM
dayshaddow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new pilot

hi all my first plane arrived yesterday,its built and setup and maiden is planned for sat morning its a wot 4 foamy electric. ive been a heli pilot for over 3 years and been flying 450s,now i want some thing a bit more relaxing to fly and lets face it one small knock and heli explodes.my friend is a plane pilot of 20 years and we went shopping one day at a LHS and he pointed out the wot 4 and said he owned the nitro version a few years back and recomends the electric version as my first plane based on my current flying skills. im here as i dont want to keep bugging him every 5 mins when i have a questions or need advice..so sadly chaps im going to bug you instead and him from time to time

so first plane,maiden is set for sat morning weather permitting..advice greatly needed before i go so pilots step up and share the knolage.i have around 30 mins sim time and can loop roll and more importantly land.
so what do i have apart from no experience of flying planes
a wot 4 electric all stock
a dx6i transmitter (tx)
a ar500 reciever(rx)
severial 2200 20 c lipos
2 2800 30 c lipos
an imax b6 charger
clearview sim

cheers
Old 03-03-2011, 11:08 AM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: new pilot

I would say you are set to go and have the most important item, a friend with lots of experience. Just be sure to use his ability, hopefully with a buddy box. Your own experience on the heli will surely help but don't rely on that alone.