Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Do you think I will be able to fly an AT-40? EDIT: FINALLY MAIDENED! Video included!

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Do you think I will be able to fly an AT-40? EDIT: FINALLY MAIDENED! Video included!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 07:13 PM
hiTmanhiT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you think I will be able to fly an AT-40? EDIT: FINALLY MAIDENED! Video included!

Hi!
I've been flying an electric Dynam Cessna 400 EP since last summer now, and I feel absolutely comfortable with that plane, both flying and landing.
So now it is starting to get a little boring to fly, and im starting to wonder if I will be able to fly a AT-40?(Which is a fuel-trainer not unlike the PT-40).

I have also been flying many hours on the Realflight G4.5 simulator now.

So what do you think with your experience? Am I ready?

And don't tell me to get an instructor please, because around here there are none

Thank you.

EDIT: Finally maidened it now, and you can see the video [link=http://mortenbilet.net/bilder/AT40/AT40M.avi]here![/link]
Old 08-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Missileman

Default RE: Do you think I will be able to fly an AT-40? EDIT: FINALLY MAIDENED! Video included!

Probably.
It would be nice to have help the first flight to trim the airplane and get the engine tuned in good.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:55 PM
RICMOD5634

Default RE: Do you think I will be able to fly an AT-40? EDIT: FINALLY MAIDENED! Video included!

I'd say go for it. If you've been flying electic you know the basics.
Rich
Old 08-07-2009, 09:30 PM
bingo field

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The flying part kind of stays the same, tuning the glow engine is what you may need some help on. Read up on all you can regarding tuning a glow engine, and you should be alright, prop selection may be something you want to look at, also. Good luck!
Old 08-08-2009, 02:06 AM
Korps

Yip I say go for it. I think you will do just fine. If you got the basics down then you will be able to fly without a real problem I think.

Like was said just get help from someone in tuning the engine properly (whether on the forum or someplace else). You don't want to go dead sticking a plane the first flight up you don't know.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:33 AM
jetmech05

I'd say the chances of you being successful are pretty good. the speed of the trainer maybe a surprise for you as well as how far out your aircraft will be compaired to the electric.....make your landing approach longer than what you are used to...Good luck
Old 08-08-2009, 06:13 AM
hiTmanhiT

Thank you all.
Already got my plane built finished and enigne properly tuned with help from lots of googling.

So I guess Im ready for my maiden soon then, just gotta wait for the weather!
Old 08-09-2009, 10:11 AM
hiTmanhiT

Finally maidened it today with great succsess!
Great takeoffs and landings!

Got a video with pretty bad quality on my website: [link=http://mortenbilet.net/bilder/AT40/AT40M.avi]AT-40 Maiden video[/link] (VLC recommended to play it, can get it [link=http://www.videolan.org/mirror-geo.php?file=vlc/1.0.1/win32/vlc-1.0.1-win32.exe]here.[/link])

Thank you all, and now Im hooked forever in this hobby!