Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Attention Potential New R/C Pilots In Houston! Try R/C Flying for Free

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Attention Potential New R/C Pilots In Houston! Try R/C Flying for Free

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 12:11 AM
glowplugboy
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attention Potential New R/C Pilots In Houston! Try R/C Flying for Free

Thanks to the new AMA student pilot program, South Houston Area Radio Control Society is pleased to offer free introductory r/c flight training with our club trainer. Interested persons should email me for more information, but here are the details. This is a free service to prospecitve new r/c pilots.

A beautiful Sig LT Kadet trainer with buddy box will be available mostly on Sundays for introductory flights with a skilled instructor pilot doing the teaching

SHARCS flies at Tom Bass Regional Park, located on the southside of Beltway 8 at Cullen Blvd. The park is between Cullen Blvd. and HWY 288.

We would love to have you come and see what R/C Flying is all about!!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 08:08 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Attention Potential New R/C Pilots In Houston! Try R/C Flying for Free

Thanks for the info glowplugboy.

For those of you outside the South Houston area, check with you local club. Many of them have similar FREE programs.

Club Finder

Old 09-21-2009, 09:04 AM
GaryHarris

Default RE: Attention Potential New R/C Pilots In Houston! Try R/C Flying for Free

I'm gonna link this to my site. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:56 AM
glowplugboy

Thanks for your interest gentleman. I hope beginners see this thread, and linking it to other websites is a great way to spread the word......
GPB
Old 09-21-2009, 02:12 PM
GSAV8R
My Feedback: (79)

Northwest Houston R/C Club has the same program. Come out and see us! We have 55 acres of club owned wide open spaces. We even have a float pond for all you float plane fliers.

nwrcc.com
Old 09-21-2009, 02:40 PM
glowplugboy

Outstanding! Anyone who is interested in trying R/C in the Houston region has many clubs who want to get you acquianted with this wonderful hobby.

The big question is: will prospective pilots be looking here to find this out? Only time will tell.

GPB
Old 09-21-2009, 05:32 PM
GaryHarris

ORIGINAL: glowplugboy

Outstanding! Anyone who is interested in trying R/C in the Houston region has many clubs who want to get you acquianted with this wonderful hobby.

The big question is: will prospective pilots be looking here to find this out? Only time will tell.

GPB

Start by asking about the local forums.

2coolfishing.com Near the bottom of the forum is an RC forum. I'm the mod there and can help.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GPB
Hello Mike;

How the "L" you been? Long time no see. Are you going to make the Jetero Shootout this weekend? Some 37,000 Yankee Dollars worth of prizes and awards for this one. I wonder if the NATS rates that kind of money for one event: IMAC.

For all you beginners, old flyers or just lookers, maybe too far north to make the trip to GPB's place, check out Jetero RC Club, Inc. at www.jetero.com I will offer you the same training. Hey, My Sig Seniorita is modified with Barndoor Ailerons and flies really well. I also have a Hobbico Trainer .40 with many hours on it that is a little faster and quicker on the trigger. There are a few other guys that will also do same.

For any one in the NW area of Houston to Liberty, etc. there is a number of good clubs. Use 'em. Ya'll come see us now!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:38 PM
glowplugboy

Hi Horrace,

Doing fine sir. You potential r/c pilots in north Houston, the Jetero R/C Club is one of the finest facilities in the USA, and Horrace will give you a good experience.

I am afraid I won't be at the IMAC event, Hoss. It is my hope that I will be in Birmingham, AL for the "Hilltop Shoot Out" Combat meet. Right now, though, the deep South is getting flooded and the forecast for Saturday is pretty wet. Hmmm, I might be out to Jetero afterall.....
Old 09-23-2009, 05:57 PM
GaryHarris

Hi again guys. I have a proposal for us locals. and nation wide if we can pull this off. First a quick review of what we have done in the past as RCers for not only the betterment of the hobby, but a chance to do something extra and beyond for others.

Children and the Shriners Hospital.

When I raced cars, I have been involved with three charity races benifitting the Shriners Hospital for Children. Would yall be interested in holding some "Fly ins" for the Shriners?

The proper paperwork, connections and so forth has been done before and shouldn't be difficult to get updated for future events. With cars locally, we even had some manufactures donate some cars to the children to the Shriners hospital and some pretty good exposure in RC Xtreem magazine.

Anybody interested?
Old 09-23-2009, 07:11 PM
glowplugboy

Interesting concept. I will PM you. Would this involve cars only, or would aircraft be in the mix as well?
Regards,
GPB
Old 09-23-2009, 08:05 PM
GaryHarris

Interesting concept. I will PM you. Would this involve cars only, or would aircraft be in the mix as well?
Regards,
GPB

Planes only.

Good talking with you on the phone Mike.