Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Too pretty to maiden?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Too pretty to maiden?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 05:49 PM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Too pretty to maiden?

I think I was holding the tach too close, if I hold it at the recommended range the rpms drop. I tuned it from there to about 9200 and when I hold the plane straight up it continues to run just fine. I loosened my grip on it a bit and it tried to take off vertically.[X(] I think its making plenty of power!
Old 10-07-2009, 06:08 PM
TimT2000
My Feedback: (1)

That is just great on the thrust! The 3 blade will make more thrust on a four stroke
most of the time, as they produce more torque. Your air speed will be on the low side
though but that may be just what you want at first. Good luck and happy landings. Tim
Old 10-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

brett65, please do not put to much stock into the numbers you get from a tach. All you can get is static RPM on the ground. When the plane is in the air and the load is reduced on the motor it will run a higher RPM. If you try to get peek on the ground you will be too lean in the air and be wondering why your plane keeps dead sticking.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:45 PM
dignlivn

ORIGINAL: Mr67Stang

brett65, please do not put to much stock into the numbers you get from a tach. All you can get is static RPM on the ground. When the plane is in the air and the load is reduced on the motor it will run a higher RPM. If you try to get peek on the ground you will be too lean in the air and be wondering why your plane keeps dead sticking.

Brett,

What 67Stang said, it's common practice.

Bob