Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

What did ya get?

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

What did ya get?

Old 12-25-2009, 10:41 AM
fly boy2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What did ya get?

Here is what I got so far ( still have 3 more christmases with different parts of the family ).

1. Air Brush Kit for the foamies

2. Falcon 40 RTF

not RC

3. Penguin Bio-Wheel Power Filter 150 ( the filter for my 29gal fish tank)

4. necklace

5. Blazing Angels WW2 for the Wii

Didnt get a whole lot this year ( my gifts cost more), but thats ok
Old 12-25-2009, 11:06 AM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: What did ya get?

Got a GP Dazzler kit, a new .46ax to go with it, and an electric fuel pump.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:16 AM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a GP Super Skybolt and a Futaba 8FG. It has been a great Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all!

Bruce
Old 12-25-2009, 11:31 AM
AH1G

1 - A NIB GP Super Skybolt KIT and a OS 120 Surpass lll w/pump.
2 - A vintage Duncan and Son's Saddle.

Merry Cristmas everyone!
Old 12-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Insanemoondoggie

I have a rather large family ,7 kids 8 grandkids and 1 great grandchild. The way things are with the economy , my kids are struggling to make ends meet. That being said , a stern request was put to them, not to spend money on us. And they did listen. {got to mark that one on the calender} But they all showed up for x-mas eve and having the house full was the best present I have ever beengiven for X-mas. There are somethings money just can not buy.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:59 AM
goirish

I didn't get nuffin. I did have the whole family together and we had a great time. Yes I did get some nice gifts, just not RC stuff. OOOOOPsss. forgot, I did get a F-22 I bought it so long ago forgot about it. What I really got was another year of good health.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:14 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Well, I had an interesting Christmas this year. Being that my son is a senior in high school and will start college next year this was special to both me and my wife to spend it all together as a family. So that made it a great day. But we got another "treat" yesterday. Oklahoma was treated to a TRUE white christmas (most of our white christmases are usually just ice), we got about 8 inches of snow but exact amounts of snow are hard to measure because 60 mph winds yesterday blew most of the snow into drifts. We even had a blizzard warning for most of the day. But having a real white christmas was a gift in itself. The only bad part was my Dish mount blew over in the wind and damaged the feed horns on the dish, so I'll have to deal with that next week. The dish falling over was another small gift in itself. With no TV we instead hunkered down in the living room last night and watch a small christmas marathon...... Miracle on 34th Street, It's A Wonderful Life, and then the ULTIMATE christmas movie...... A Christmas Story (You'll shoot your eye out!!!!!!)

So, on to the stuff!!!!!
I got 2 new 16 GB SD cards for my camera (yeah, now I can get an entire day of shooting on one card!!!!0
The RC stuff I knew about before I tore any paper off. I've been hunting a kit for a bit and a flying buddy had one, so santa was kind enough to take it off of his hands.
Sig 4-Star 120 kit!!!! (yes, kit!!!!! no ARF's here)
Of course a plane like needs a good power plant. Santa took a small detour to Bob's Hobby Center in Orlando (Steven and Julie Thomas are great friends of ours) to find a power-plant for the Sig beast.
MLD-28 gasser engine for the plane.
Of course, any dad knows that he's got to refresh his sock and underwear each year at this time. And Santa didn't disappoint there either.
Top that off with a new coffee mug and a hat from the OSU (Oklahoma State University) which starting next year will be seeing a healthy part of our income next year in exchange for the privilege of our son visiting their hallowed hall!!!
And my annual box of chocolate covered cherries rounded out the gits under tree.

So, I'm hoping to clear some review projects from the building boards in hopes of getting the new 4-Star flyable by this spring.

Over all just being with my family at this time of year was the biggest gift I could have received. This year has been hard for most around the country and it really gives you a dose of reality knowing what's the most important thing in the world. All the "stuff" doesn't come close to having friends and family to share your life with!!!!!

I hope everybody else had a great day as well.

Ken
Old 12-25-2009, 12:20 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Well, I had an interesting Christmas this year. Being that my son is a senior in high school and will start college next year this was special to both me and my wife to spend it all together as a family. So that made it a great day. But we got another "treat" yesterday. Oklahoma was treated to a TRUE white christmas (most of our white christmases are usually just ice), we got about 8 inches of snow but exact amounts of snow are hard to measure because 60 mph winds yesterday blew most of the snow into drifts. We even had a blizzard warning for most of the day. But having a real white christmas was a gift in itself. The only bad part was my Dish mount blew over in the wind and damaged the feed horns on the dish, so I'll have to deal with that next week. The dish falling over was another small gift in itself. With no TV we instead hunkered down in the living room last night and watched a small christmas marathon...... Miracle on 34th Street, It's A Wonderful Life, and then the ULTIMATE christmas movie...... A Christmas Story (You'll shoot your eye out!!!!!!)

So, on to the stuff!!!!!
I got 2 new 16 GB SD cards for my camera (yeah, now I can get an entire day of shooting on one card!!!!0
The RC stuff I knew about before I tore any paper off. I've been hunting a kit for a bit and a flying buddy had one, so santa was kind enough to take it off of his hands.
Sig 4-Star 120 kit!!!! (yes, kit!!!!! no ARF's here)
Of course a plane like needs a good power plant. Santa took a small detour to Bob's Hobby Center in Orlando (Steven and Julie Thomas are great friends of ours) to find a power-plant for the Sig beast.
MLD-28 gasser engine for the plane.
Of course, any dad knows that he's got to refresh his sock and underwear each year at this time. And Santa didn't disappoint there either.
Top that off with a new coffee mug and a hat from the OSU (Oklahoma State University) which starting next year will be seeing a healthy part of our income next year in exchange for the privilege of our son visiting their hallowed halls!!!
And my annual box of chocolate covered cherries rounded out the gits under tree.

So, I'm hoping to clear some review projects from the building boards in hopes of getting the new 4-Star flyable by this spring.

Over all just being with my family at this time of year was the biggest gift I could have received. This year has been hard for most around the country and it really gives you a dose of reality knowing what's the most important thing in the world. All the "stuff" doesn't come close to having friends and family to share your life with!!!!!

I hope everybody else had a great day as well.

Ken
Old 12-25-2009, 12:24 PM
TomBates

A great big box with an E-flight Apprentice 15-e!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just what I wanted.Now come on summer. Also a couple of extra batteries. Kind of expensive for this plane if you stay with E-flight.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:42 PM
sir crashallot

So, on to the stuff!!!!!

(yes, kit!!!!! no ARF's here)

Ken

glad to hear the mods are even kit builders personaly there arnt enough kit builders out there.

secondly what cameras you got that take the 16gb cards, the future motherinlaw recently just bought me a big bag full of camera equipment with at least 3 long range telefocal lenses in and a cannon eos 600. there film cameras but i do have access to a negative scanner. my dad was a proffesional photographer and now my bro is and its in my blood i guess.

thirdly just a quick question ken, does any of the members on here go to shows around the UK to put up a report on here and photos. just curiouse because there are some really good shows here in the uk. especialy at duxford
Old 12-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Insanemoondoggie

I have a rather large family , 7 kids 8 grandkids and 1 great grandchild. The way things are with the economy , my kids are struggling to make ends meet. That being said , a stern request was put to them, not to spend money on us. And they did listen. {got to mark that one on the calender} But they all showed up for x-mas eve and having the house full was the best present I have ever been given for X-mas. There are somethings money just can not buy.
I really want the same thing Doggie got for Xmas, it has never happened before but I think maybe next year we may be able to swint it?? I'm going to try to stash away some money and see if my kids can't get the time off and we can get them out here, that would be the topping on my life. This year for RC stuff I got a KMS 2212/09 electric motor and an ESC for my first electric. Four shirts, two wool and two dress shirts with a tie. One fake cat made from a rock, the fun part of that is my cats name is Rocky, not because he is tough, just because he is dumb as a stone. The rest of the morning is going to be making more phone calls then friends house for dinner. It's been a good morning!!!! Just needed grand kids to top it off!!
Old 12-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Minnreefer

My wife and I are also on a very tight budget, I got my club dues paid, I wraped up a saito 91 , that I traded a plane for, and my mother in law got me a $50 cert to advantage hobby . I am hoping to use that with some other money that I am hoping to get form selling some stuff to buy me a new Hitec Auroa radio . Our kids 6 and 20 month got some good fun presents, can you say Lego

Jon
Old 12-25-2009, 12:58 PM
sir crashallot

hey wheni was a kid i would sit and play with lego from morning till night, i loved the stuff, especialy when i gigured out i could build planes with the stuff. then from lego it went onto this hobby. that was when i was a kid mind you and im 23 now. given the chance id probably still love to have a quick play with some lego.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Minnreefer

ORIGINAL: sir crashallot

hey wheni was a kid i would sit and play with lego from morning till night, i loved the stuff, especialy when i gigured out i could build planes with the stuff. then from lego it went onto this hobby. that was when i was a kid mind you and im 23 now. given the chance id probably still love to have a quick play with some lego.

my wife and I fight over who plays with the legos and the older boy and who plays with the little one. Here is one of the lego toys he got [link=http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=6745&cmp=afc-csena&hqs=6745]lego plane[/link]
Old 12-25-2009, 01:08 PM
davidgeorge212

I got the third season of walker texas ranger in a 7 disk series.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:44 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife and I agreed not to buy each other anything this year. It was a tough agreement to stick to but we did it. Just cards and time together is enough. We'll see what the rest of the day brings from the rest of the family. I got my Dad a Chia Obama and a Chia Hillary Clinton. He'll be talking about that and showing them to people for months.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:51 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

ORIGINAL: sir crashallot

So, on to the stuff!!!!!

(yes, kit!!!!! no ARF's here)

Ken

glad to hear the mods are even kit builders personaly there arnt enough kit builders out there.

secondly what cameras you got that take the 16gb cards, the future motherinlaw recently just bought me a big bag full of camera equipment with at least 3 long range telefocal lenses in and a cannon eos 600. there film cameras but i do have access to a negative scanner. my dad was a proffesional photographer and now my bro is and its in my blood i guess.

thirdly just a quick question ken, does any of the members on here go to shows around the UK to put up a report on here and photos. just curiouse because there are some really good shows here in the uk. especialy at duxford
My Nikon D60 will read 16 GBSDHCcards.It'll take up to 32 GBifIremember correctly.

Idon't know if we have anybody in the UK to cover shows. I'll see what we can come up with!!!

Ken
Old 12-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: ChuckW

My wife and I agreed not to buy each other anything this year. It was a tough agreement to stick to but we did it. Just cards and time together is enough. We'll see what the rest of the day brings from the rest of the family. I got my Dad a Chia Obama and a Chia Hillary Clinton. He'll be talking about that and showing them to people for months.
My wife and I did that last year Chuck, it really is a hard thing to do. This year we just didn't over do it. I bought my motor and speed control some time ago and it got stuk under the tree. The shirts I got this year were needed items, all my moutain weather stuff has worn out.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:28 PM
dignlivn

ORIGINAL: Insanemoondoggie

I have a rather large family , 7 kids 8 grandkids and 1 great grandchild. The way things are with the economy , my kids are struggling to make ends meet. That being said , a stern request was put to them, not to spend money on us. And they did listen. {got to mark that one on the calender} But they all showed up for x-mas eve and having the house full was the best present I have ever been given for X-mas. There are somethings money just can not buy.

Amen Robbie,

I had 4 days with my Daughter and 2 grand daughters.
That's all I wanted and i'll treasure those memories and
smiles forever.

Now, bring on some flying weather,

Bob
Old 12-25-2009, 03:23 PM
shd3920

Just being around with my family is Christmas enough. But I did get my friend's half-built Eagle 2 kit that he already lost interest in and told me to take off his hands, no charge.

What is going to be a great late Christmas/New Years gift to me will be joining my local flying club and AMA next month, get my Kadet Mark II and LT-40 out of storage along with my newly-acquired Eagle 2 and finally attempt to learn to fly.

But again, just having my family is holiday enough. And meeting and getting close to my first cousins this summer was another early gift, they are looking forward to going to the flying field with me and throw me some encouragement.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:27 PM
sir crashallot

well ken if you need some one i have a good set of cameras and experience. so if you need some one just let me know
Old 12-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Steve Steinbring

Mostly new clothes, I needed to replace some of my sport shirts. I also received 8 gallons of fuel to feed my airplanes something that I constantly use. A great get together with the family making it a spectacular day
Old 12-25-2009, 03:32 PM
GaryHarris

The bill. [:'(]
Old 12-25-2009, 04:05 PM
mnrcaerobat
My Feedback: (197)

I think next week I will go and get a new flybarless heli.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:13 PM
worldmodelsmach1
My Feedback: (1)

Well, I think that I got my biggest gifts ever this year, apart from being with my loving family I got a new macbook pro and some chocolates from my neighbors. I also got $50 from my best friend over in texas and that is the one gift I plan to use towards getting myself that new 45cc engine for my extra 260 .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.