Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

hi.. i need a bit of help

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

hi.. i need a bit of help

Old 07-12-2003, 10:25 PM
snake_goth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi.. i need a bit of help

well hi ime max i have been intrested in rc planes sice i was 4 now (after 48 hours str8 of begging) my mum sed i can get one. and i whant to know what u sugest as my first one i know for a fact that there arn anny instructors near me but ime a verry fast learner (it took me 3 sec to work out how to work a pc at 4!)
well heere is what i whant,
sumthing small to med in size,
petrol (of what ever u use) driven
sum thing i can do aerobatics in (but thats not a must),
genraly good,
cheap,
compleate set ie. servo, remote etc,
easy to build,
as i live in england u might need to give me a uk based online web shop to buy it frm. thanks
Old 07-13-2003, 08:14 AM
BotleRocketWar

I don't know what is available over there, but no matter what you will need a trainer.

You need to find an instructor, or you will crash. This isn't like figuring out a computer or messing with a video game. You're going to have a lot of money in this and one mistake could cost you everything. You're going to crash without an instructor.

There has to be some guys around your area flying these. Find the local club and take a visit, they will all be glad to help. Someone else from your side of the pond will be able to help you a lot more than I can...
Old 07-13-2003, 11:35 AM
Steve Lewin

I know for a fact there are several clubs fairly near to you e.g. at Hanworth Air Park where I've flown once or twice. I'd be very surprised if someone at one of them wouldn't help. Anyway if you're thinking of flying a glow-powered plane you need somewhere where it's legal to fly it and some insurance. The rules for where you can fly and at what height etc around Heathrow (a very busy airport) are very restrictive.

BTW if you find PCs so easy try learning to use the Shift Key and a spell checker next. It would make your posts a lot easier to read .

Steve
Old 07-13-2003, 03:10 PM
snake_goth

thanks guy's i am trying to find a club (or sum 1 near me who flyes), sorry but ime partly dislectsic.