Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

4 stroke selection OS, Saito or ???

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

4 stroke selection OS, Saito or ???

Old 04-04-2010, 01:10 PM
chashint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4 stroke selection OS, Saito or ???

Some planes need weight on the nose and some do not.
The Ultra Sticks do not, so if you are the type that "hates" adding ballast take weight into account when you are choosing.
I have had good experiences with Magnum, OS, and Saito.
While I like OS and Saito better, it sure is hard to beat the Magnums when you can catch them on the super sales that come along a few times every year.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:20 PM
No1 Ace
My Feedback: (33)

You will probably do best with the brand most popular at your field. You will then be able find help without someone running down your engine. OS and Saito are both good if a little more expensive than Magnum or Thunder Tiger. If money is an issue I would go with the Thunder Tiger. My feelings on the YS is leave it for the "expert" pilots that feel they have to have what they consider the best. I think they are more finicky, require more in the way of servicing (i.e. bearing replacement and pump work), and are heavy. On the other hand the pumps do offer a consistent and even running engine and this is one of the things the competition pilots really need. Remember, when competeing, money is no object and the best pilots will spend oodles of it for marginal performance gains. Refer back to the first sentence, it is the best advice I can give.
Merle
Old 04-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Fylingdales Flyer

Just take a look at www.laserengines.com . Tells you all you need to know.
Why buy a Toyota when, with the current exchange rates, you can have a Rolls Royce?

Graham