Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Any experience with Hitec's Supreme IIS 8 Channel FM Receiver?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Any experience with Hitec's Supreme IIS 8 Channel FM Receiver?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 12:18 PM
hsukaria

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Any experience with Hitec's Supreme IIS 8 Channel FM Receiver?

Good point Gray Beard. I will try to remember that for next time.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:26 PM
armody
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hsukaria,

Thank you very much. Today I also had an interview with another great company. First interview went pretty well, second interview is gonna be telephonic interview and it would be technical questions all around. If this job comes along the interview I had with, I'm gonna get this cos, it has most likely chances of getting perm. I'd go for it, but I gotta start off first. I'm gonna start my job on April 30th.

BTW congrats on getting a permanent job, thats what I'm seeking. My field in information technology, and it's saturated now but it's gonna get better.

I'm gonna keep y'all posted regarding my Rx,.

Mody
Old 04-23-2010, 10:26 PM
onyoursix

After reading through this thread I noticed the one thing that really stood out to me was the flutter problem is coming from a plane that you are currently flying that has been known to have "flutter" problems on it's elevator. This is well documented in the "ARF" section under the Great Planes Escapade thread. I have an Escapade too and I'm using a Hitech Supreme ISS 8 rx in it also with no problems to date with the rx. When you originally assembled the ARF, did you check the CA hinges on the elevator and add extra CA glue to them like Great Planes has suggested? If not, that might be where all that flutter problem is stemming from instead of the Hitech rx. Just thought I would add my 2 cents because when I read that you were flying the Escapade and had flutter problems with your elevator it might possibly be the "lightly" glued CA hinges in your elevator.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:37 PM
armody

onyoursix,

I remembered that hinges were pre-installed. Just like everybody else, I had to slide down the rudder/fin rod through 2 holes of fuselage and drop CA through both holes in order to make the robust so that nothing comes off loose. Ofcourse that Fin/Rudder sits on top of the Stab/Elevator, so I did CA. I don't think I applied onto the hinges of rudder and elevator. the other sticking out nylon part, which has holes in it and clevis pins goes through it attached to the control surface, I don't know what is it called, I did not apply CA on it. I did tighten the screws of those. Wherever in the manual it was directed to apply CA 5 seconds or 15 seconds I did it.

My receiver has been delivered to Hitec and hopefully coming week I'm gonna have some answer about the receiver. I have mentioned many times I'd keep y'all posted.

Thanks for that great experience, I'd keep that in my mind for future.

Mody
Old 04-23-2010, 11:08 PM
onyoursix

Ok Mody. I didn't know if you were aware that Great Planes had at least one production run of their Escapades that the elevator hinges weren't CA'ed in enough to keep them from fluttering at higher speeds and I thought this might be your problem. Great Planes did run two "Tech Notes" to inform people of the problem with the elevators and securing the hatch on the model. The tech notes can be found here: http://www.greatplanes.com/techsuppo...a1200tech.html Good luck to ya and btw, my Escapade flies just great! Glad they are back to 99 bux!
Old 04-24-2010, 12:42 AM
armody

onyoursix

Thank you and I never saw those techinical notes before, never read much about Escapade. I really liked that plane, but unfortunately that plane is no more, and I'm kinda apprehensive to ever use that plane or ever buy any other planes from great planes, just lil shocked thats all. Prolly in future I'd change my mind, happy with my P 51 Mustang MKII and hopefully next time, I'd either buy P47 Thunderbolt or Spitfire.

Mody
Old 04-28-2010, 02:14 PM
pprussell
My Feedback: (1)

Yes, lots of experience and all good. Just as good as the expensive FUTABA 168 models and range checks far better than the little Berg micro receivers. An even more exciting prospect are the Hitec Neutron 6S, and if you only need six channels, this is their latest and greatest circuitry and has the best range check of any of their units. I use the Neutron in my larger models including IMAA giant scale planes. A bargain at $39. See:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRSS1&P=7

For my smaller planes, I now use the single conversion Hitec Mini 6S single conversion, a super bargain at $19. See:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKYK1&P=7

I have never had one problem with a Hitec reciever, not a glitch with many in use and years of flying on them. You also get the antennae bobbin included, which I find incredibly useful for my 72 Mhz planes in keeping the antennae wire from streaming out the back and flopping around
[quote]ORIGINAL: hsukaria

PPRussell
Old 04-28-2010, 02:27 PM
armody

pprussell,

I have used Electron 6 twice which is of course the predecessor of Neutron 6, never had a single problem. I did not get a good price of that Neutron 6 or I was gonna get that or either Electron 6. Got a good price on ebay for Supreme IIS, I might have been ripped off or handed bad receiver, currently the receiver is with the Hitec's technical department in CA and it's in the queue to be checked. I have not yet checked with 'em so I'm gonna find out, was receiver bad or what. As long as I'm using FM 72 Mhz tech, I'm gonna rely upon Hitec, and in future I'd be switching to 2.4 Ghz, thats gonna be Hitec as well.

No doubt these receivers have superb range and I appreciate your feedback.

Happy flying

Mody
Old 04-28-2010, 02:37 PM
armody

I just called Hitec's support and they Received my Rx last Wednesday, but technical department got it 2 days ago. According to the person who told me very bluntly that there are other people ahead of you, so it would be next week until my Receiver is checked. As I said in many posts I'd keep y'all posted, next week whatever may be the status, I'd find out and let y'all know.

Mody
Old 05-07-2010, 05:07 PM
armody

Guys,

I made a call to Hitec's technical dept and the guy who picked up the phone told me my Supremes IIS receiver has been shipped back to me. I asked him what was the problem, so he gave me this verdict. "RECEIVER HAS BEEN RE-TUNED OR RE-ALLIGNED". He said now Receiver is good, so you can feel free and have no fear to fly any plane, make sure you range check everytime you fly.

As the receiver has been re-tuned or re-aligned it means there must have been some problem with it which caused my Escapade to crash? I have not yet received the receiver, but technical department people aren't very friendly and they did not send me any notification on my email that they have sent my receiver out to me already. Let it get to me, and I'd use it with a new plane, first I gotta buy one, prolly LA Racer or LA flyer then I'm gonna update y'all as I'm busy with my new job as well as in the process of moving.

I'll keep y'all posted and happy flying

Mody
Old 05-09-2010, 09:27 AM
beau0090_99

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Armody,
I have a Supreme IIs for a friend that I have to send in. Do you know if they are going to charge you for it? Was it under warranty? I'm curious to know what it might cost. I really should just call and see.
Thanks,
Curtis
Old 05-09-2010, 04:11 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: armody

As the receiver has been re-tuned or re-aligned it means there must have been some problem with it which caused my Escapade to crash?
Unlikely.

What this means is they re-adjusted the circuitry for best center frequency.

If your receiver uses a crystal, this might be necessary to assure best performance.

If your receiver can tune itself to the channel that is in use, this was likely to be purely precautionary.

I would read the above to mean that there was nothing wrong with the receiver, but they checked it out and literally tuned it up a bit.

I'd look elsewhere for the cause of your crash.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:06 PM
armody

Thanks opjose,

Now I'm with no plane[&o][&o]. This Sunday I was flying my mustang great performance flying good, tried to do an inverted low pass, as soon as I tried to turn it straight, could not do it faster and it took a quick sharp left turn and hit the ground so hard, I heard it and left a pit in the ground, completely destroyed. As I'm in a process of moving, I'd post the pictures of the crash. No plane for me at least a month, until I get little bit stable with my new job.

Mody