Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

rainy spring weekends I hate them

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

rainy spring weekends I hate them

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 10:59 PM
bbrown2828
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rainy spring weekends I hate them

well doesnt look like i will get todo any flying this weekend looks like we gona have rain all weekend here in arkansas that sure does suck ..... what a waste of a weekend... guess i will build dads trainer so he can get to flying he is getting more and more interested everytime i take him to the field with me... we went last weekend and was watching me fly and i was flying my seagull extra 300s it was the first time he had saw it fly just like any other seagull it is a great flying arf.... and he said i hope you have the plane when i get done training because i want that one..... wanted to say dream on dad but i just agreed with him and said yeah its a nice plane but if i dont we can get you one at the hobbie shop for 189.00 lol i also just got my seagull edge 540 done and man what a great plane well thats enough of me running my trap on here now time to get back to work on the edge got to dress up the cuts on the cowling a little better

Old 04-24-2010, 01:43 AM
Korps

Default RE: rainy spring weekends I hate them

The Seagull Edge 540 is a very nice looking plane. Has seen it in hobby shops a couple of times and really draws my attention. From what I've read it's also a great flying plane. I was planning on getting a warbird if I ever plant my Greenmodels Edge 540 in the dirt, but recently I've been thinking I'll rather be getting another Edge again and then it will be the Seagull. No flying for me this weekend either - it's Saturday and I'm at work, then tommorow heading off to Cape Town to take the girls (not both are mine just btw. Me, my gf and my gf's brother and his gf) out for a movie. Tuesday is a public holiday here by us - so I might just be heading to the field then.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:30 AM
Roo Man
My Feedback: (1)

I'm in West Tn and under the same storm front youall are in. Today was supposed to be our first Flyin for 2010 but we had to cancell due to waether. Well at least I can finish the rebuild on my SSE.

Gary
Old 04-24-2010, 09:12 AM
gboulton
My Feedback: (15)

Sitting here waiting for the storms to arrive later this afternoon.  Gee.  Can't wait.  

Spent the morning soldering a bunch of Deans plugs to further the "standardization" of all my electrical stuff.  Man...how exciting.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Herb Calvin

Not raining right now but field's all wet. Tomorrow calling for rain all day and down pours. Clean my shop I guess.[&o]
Old 04-24-2010, 05:49 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tell me about it. The weather here has been all over the place. It gets nice and warm for a few days then cools off drastically and rains for several days. Then it warms back up and cools back down with rain again. Not only affects flying but my pepper plants aren't too happy about it either.

This weekend is picture perfect though. Definitely going to take advantage of it tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:11 PM
heavy metal thunder

Rainy weather down time goes with flying. Its build/repair time and maybe those who have one, a bit of time on the simulator. On the West Coast most of our storms are cold fronts which comes and goes rapidly. Problem is we get high winds after the storm.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:19 AM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let it rain, I just got married friday. I'm busy.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:36 PM
billd76
My Feedback: (3)

Ditto on the rainy weekends! I have had it with the mid atlantic weather!! But, in the middle of recovering the old tranier and putting togther a Great Planes J3 Cub (ARF). So I can least keep busy with the hobby. The thing that grips me is, I've been trying to maiden my PT 19, and the weather has been shutting me down for over a month now.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:18 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

It rained here all weekend to but that was OK, I spent it sitting in a hospital room with my girlfriend.