Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Sticks

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 01:40 PM
oldtyme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sticks

I have never been without a Stik. I still have my Midwest Sweet Stik with the orignial OS45FSR that I built in 1984. I also have a GP Big Stick 60 and a GP Electrostick and they are the most flown of all of my planes The Big Stick 60 has an OS91FX on it and flys just great. RCKen is right, they don't do 3D(of course real airplanes don't fly like that anyway), they are not the fastest but they are aerobatic and gentle all at the same time and one of the fun things to do with them is to point them into the wind and reduce the throttle and just fly it like a kite. Landings are a breeze and they are rugged.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:35 AM
Father Time

The kit is available through [email protected] I am not sure if the kit includes the plans, although if you have built anything this kit is super easy to put together and I do believe there are plans out there. This is the Midwest Das Little Stik with a 46" wing span. I built one 30 yrs ago and I am still flying it. Have plans to build another! Like the other old boy says - you just can't beat these planes!! I know there is another outfit that has both plans and short kit for this plane but I lost the web address. I am still trying to find it. Will post again if I do.

Keep stiking it to them and good luck with projects!
Old 07-28-2011, 03:18 AM
Daniel-EL
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finally broke down and bought a GP Big Stik 60 from Tower on sale this week. I plan to put my Saito 130TD twin up front for noise. I'll post a pic when complete. Looking forward to flying a Stik for a change. It might be just the ticket for an old man with a creeky back and arthritis.[&o]
Old 07-28-2011, 05:40 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You will love the Big Stick
Old 07-28-2011, 06:38 AM
mudboger07

ORIGINAL: w8ye

You will love the Big Stick
i broke down a few months ago and got the big stick 40, installed a saito 72 on it and it has turned into my favorite plane to fly in any weather at the field, touch and go's ar so fun, it will even land so slow you can almost walk faster than it is flying...lol
Old 07-28-2011, 07:14 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You are saying all the right words about a Stick be it a Big Stick, Ultra Stick, or Super stick.

The wind doesn't bother them as much as other designs.

The are great to just do touch and goes with.

They can fly gentle or really cut up the sky.

Enjoy
Old 07-28-2011, 02:42 PM
mike109

G'day

I am on my third stick. I currently have two and both are GP Big Stick 40s. One has a Super Tigre G51 and is a nice all round flier. I have used it for several years as a test bed for engines. It has had an ASP 61 four stroke, an OS 46 AX, a Magnum 46XL with and without a diesel head and even an Irvine 40 diesel.

My first Stick was a Thunder Tiger ARC (ready to cover) 40 size which I covered in Solatex and used as a "learning to land" model. It was perfect for this as was tough and once pointed at the strip, was stable and easy to land for a relative beginner.

My third stick is "The Beast". It has a Jett SJ-46. And it goes like a scalded cat. I chose the Stick for the test plane for the Jett because I knew it would fly well and because I had the ST 51 powered one to compare it to. I had some problems with bubbles in the fuel line with the Jett but I found the clunk had come adrift and I also replaced it with a felt clunk suggested by Pe Rievers (Sp?). It now works a treat. The sound from the Jett is amazing and really turns heads.

Phil Kraft knew what he was doing when he designed the stick. It is tough, flies well lands and takes off easily and is just a generally great design. Only down side is that some people see it as Ugly. But then, Phil Kraft saw that too.

Cheers

Mike in Oz
Old 07-28-2011, 03:37 PM
Pylonracr

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have never been without at least one stick to fly. My current stick is an ultrastick 40 with a modified OS.61 on it. Flies great.

Don't leave home without one!