RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Beginners (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/beginners-85/)
-   -   Help with strange Elevator Restriction - Super Cub S/DXe (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/beginners-85/11653022-help-strange-elevator-restriction-super-cub-s-dxe.html)

Krunchykay 08-18-2018 05:40 AM

Help with strange Elevator Restriction - Super Cub S/DXe

Hello everyone !

I am new to RC and excited to dive into all this. I recently bought the following setup since it got great reviews and seems to be a good beginners choice (panic button! :D):

HobbyZone Super Cub S as RTF-Version (with built-in receiver)
Horizon Spektrum DXe as Transmitter
Built-in servos: 2x PKZ1080

Now, I set everything up as explained in the manual. The binding-process with the DXe worked fine and I can Control the Propeller/thrust as well as the servos for Rudder/Elevator-Control. Well - almost ! One of the PKZ1080 doesn't use the full range of Motion. Meaning that in the standard setup I can fully control the rudder left and right, but the elevator will only go up and not down.
At first, I thought this might be a (mechanical) servo-issue and I might have to replace it. But when turning on the DXe both servos move in the full range of motion. On top of that, I switched the cables for the servos and now I can Control the Elevators in full range of motion, but the rudder only moves to one side.

For me it seems, that when I want to push the Right Control stick on the DXe up (so usually making the elevator moving down) there is some Kind of (Software?) restriction.

- I tried re-binding the Transmitter/Receiver outside of my Appartement, bc someone suggested GPS problems…
- I don't have a programming cable for the DXe, since I just started and thought I might be fine with the Standard Setup first.
- I checked the servo-cords in the back of the plane. There were no obstacles and changing the angle for them didn't help. The servo doesn't even pull when there's nothing attached in the back.

I hope you get an idea of my Problem and my English is not too hard to understand. Googling for "PKZ1080 Problems" or "servos only pulling in one direction" didn't help me. I tried to attach a Picture of my Setup, but I apparently need more posts in this forum first... If you need any more info, I'm happy to give it to you. I really hope this might be a known issue.

Thanks in Advance !

Tony1890 09-01-2018 09:35 PM

If you bought the DXe separately from the plane try reversing channel 6. I ran into this problem recently with an apprentice and a DXe. It sounds like your plane is in panic mode and preventing up elevator, reversing channel 6 will take it out of panic.

BarracudaHockey 09-02-2018 04:04 AM

You have it in beginner mode, if you want to bench test the flight controls make sure the safe mode switch is in expert mode.