Notices
Boats - Full Scale Discuss full scale watercraft here

Waverunners

Old 03-25-2004, 09:34 PM
skysurfer2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waverunners

anyone into waverunners? i have a highly modified '03 yamaha GP1300R. 1300cc, 165hp (stock), 3 cylinder 2 stroke. good for 64.5 radar stock. doing 71.4 radar now. hopefully around 74mph radar before the beginning of this season! reason why i mention radar runs is because all waverunner speedometers are highly innacurate. my dreamometer (thats what us hardcore riders call the speedo) reads anywhere from 84 to 86mph while at top speed! i WISH that were true!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86783.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	115521   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62415.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	115522   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv55577.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	115523  
Old 06-17-2005, 10:20 AM
LaRgEsCaLeRaCeR

Default RE: Waverunners

why waste your time with waverunners 165hp ha am i supposed to be impressed? www.seadoo.com
Old 06-17-2005, 10:22 AM
LaRgEsCaLeRaCeR

rxp 215hp hmm?
Old 08-17-2005, 10:14 AM
Goinstraightup
My Feedback: (26)

That looks like fun! I've only been able to ride one once and it was a blast.

Jeff
Old 12-11-2005, 04:41 PM
bdtsr
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know it's late on this post and late in the year but, where are you in NJ? A buddy of mine (gadgetplanes on rcu) in big into the Readoos, sorry Seadoos! He lives in the OC area and goes out of Corson's Inlet State Park.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:06 PM
skysurfer2010

ORIGINAL: LaRgEsCaLeRaCeR

why waste your time with waverunners 165hp ha am i supposed to be impressed? www.seadoo.com
seadoo is the LEAST reliable of all ski manufacturers. thats 215hp thanks to the supercharger which is great since the chargers often bust thanks to sea doos great engineering. not to mention the top speed of that 215hp engine is only 69 to 70mph. not very impressive for an engine that is already maxed out to it's top potential.

and my ski was modified more and i'm probably up around 200hp if i dyno'd it and good for a hair over 75 on radar runs. but it's up for sale anyway since i'm bored with sit downs. i only ride stand ups now for freestyle tricks.

and you only showed your ignorance since people that don't know anything about skis often buy sea doo since they do the most advertizing and they look bling bling. sorry bdster if that comment offended you, it was directed to largescaleracer since he came off like an arrogant azz.

and btw- i could say the same thing about you... why waste your time with models? am i supposed to be impressed? try real aerobatics in a real plane. different strokes for different folks.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:11 PM
skysurfer2010

ORIGINAL: bdtsr

I know it's late on this post and late in the year but, where are you in NJ? A buddy of mine (gadgetplanes on rcu) in big into the Readoos, sorry Seadoos! He lives in the OC area and goes out of Corson's Inlet State Park.
i'm living in philly now, but keep my skis in NJ at my parent's house. i typically ride with a bunch of friends either on the del river or at various places at the beach. most of us ride stand ups though. we typically ride from april through november or early december. occasionally we'll take out our sit downs for a winter ride.

Name:	Om31851.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	370627  
Old 12-16-2005, 04:51 PM
Raylon

Skysurfer, lookin good. I have an 02' Gp1200R. It maxes out at about 61-63 using GPS, my dreamometer will get to about 75 tho. it is completely stock except for the seat cover and I took some of the stickers off, whihc Makes it look like a beast. Liek you said, RXP's aren't as great as everyone thinks. I sure dont like the look of Premium gas and superchargers that sucks rocks into the intake.

Name:	Wu62143.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	371112  
Old 12-16-2005, 05:16 PM
skysurfer2010

zelatio- nice ski. gprs are great skis, especially to modify for speed. they give a lot of bang for the buck and still hold the title for fastest grudge racer.

i got into stand ups two summers ago though and never realized just how much fun they can be! i thought they were old and outdated. boy was i majorly wrong!!
Old 12-16-2005, 07:57 PM
Raylon

Thanx sky. I want to try a standup so bad. I imagine they have a steep learning curve, and they are quite expensive, but man do they look like fun.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:02 PM
skysurfer2010

honestly, people think stand ups are much harder then what they really are. It takes more than one day of riding to become good at it, but it's not too bad really. It's great excersize too.

I bought a brand new kawasaki sxr (800cc) last summer and paid a little over $5,000 for it. That's nothing compared to what a brand new sit down costs. My GPR in 03 cost around $8,000. Plus you can can get some really good used stand ups for as little as $1,500.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:49 PM
I Wan A DeepV Wit Nitro Outbrd

YAMAHA IS THE BEST I HAVE AN 05' 1300r and i came 7th in Jet Around Cayman i am only 15 check it out if u dont believe me
Old 05-19-2006, 05:51 PM
ZCOPTER

I THOUGHT THIS WAS FOR R/C PRODUCTS NOT SOME DUMB WAVERUNNER! WHO CARES DON'T THEY HAVE THERE OWN WEB PAGE?

Old 05-22-2006, 01:49 AM
skysurfer2010

ORIGINAL: ZCOPTER

I THOUGHT THIS WAS FOR R/C PRODUCTS NOT SOME DUMB WAVERUNNER! WHO CARES DON'T THEY HAVE THERE OWN WEB PAGE?

nope. the internet ran out of space. sorry kid.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:11 PM
Dannn

Me and my dad are running a 98 xp limited with the 130hp 951cc motor in it. i agree that seadoos do have some of the most blow and burn up prone motors ever... me and my dad alone have put in 3 motors... an 2 110 hps and an old 85hp... we have put pistons in tons of them because he owns an auto repair and people bring jetskis in all the time because they think that theyre submarines... I ride an 87 kawasaki 650sx... we got it for 400 dollars and its a great learners stand up... i would like to get a better one like the 800 because i enjoy jumping the big boat waves in the channel.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:43 PM
skysurfer2010

the SXR is a great ski for going fast and carving. the superjet is more for tricks and getting air. i have my sxr up for sale now because i bought a superjet over the winter and fell in love with it. i don't ride the sxr enough to justify keeping it.

you're gonna fall in love with stand ups! check out www.x-h2o.com if you ever have any questions about riding or doing mods.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Raylon

Old post here I see. I see my old GP and think of it and how much I still love it. It made way for a newer GP1300R not long ago. It's a good ride. Fast as heck stock. Topped out currently at 65.1, GPS. It had some problems so we took it back to shop and are gettings some mods put on it. New impeller, intake grate, free flow exhaust, and a pump seal kit. The old impeller also got bent up somhow, so it also had to be replaced, an dwhy not with a better one. I love to see what largescaleracer said. Why waste time on a GP instead of an RXP? Well, let's consider the fact that an RXP is only for the kind of person that likes to rebuild there engine every 1-2 years. Not fun if you ask me.

I know of a guy at the Ozarks with two RXP's, and he has dumped lots of money into both of them, around 50 grand total. My brother talked to him recently and he asked it the rumors were true about having to rebuild the motors, and he said it is true, and that they lose about 10%-15% of their power each year depending on how much they are sued. I almost didn't beleive the rumor, but I will never doubt him. He is one of only three people in the world to receive a prototype motor for the RXP's. He races his RXP, and works with Sea-Doo. He didn't shar ethe exact details but he said it will go over 75 without trying. Hopefully this one holds it power.

While at the Yamaha dealer, we foudd out that Yamaha is releasing a beast that will destroy the current RXP's. Forget the 200 HP range, try around 300HP. They are going to try and release this verion, but right now they are doubting it because insurance companies aren't wanting to ensure it. They said it it fails they are going to drop it to 250HP. Can't wait to see it.

Name:	Pn35545.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	502192  
Old 08-06-2006, 02:50 PM
skysurfer2010

zelatio- what prop are you getting? a 14/19 or a 14/20? and why did you purchase a freeflow exhaust? they really aren't beneficial unless you get into more engine mods.

as of right now, there are no definites as to what the GPR will be next year. it'll be a 4 stroke most likely, but who knows. i work for yamaha and won't know until the boat show coming up.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Raylon

Not sure what prop it is actually, I just trusted the guy at the dealer. He said he would order it from RivaYamaha. And yes He will be doing more mods in the future to the engine and he said he would start with that. And he says it will deffinently be 2-stroke. They don't want to go the 4-stroke path yet for the GPR class.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:17 PM
skysurfer2010

the odds of it being a 2 stroke are extrememly slim. yamaha, along with other manufacturers, will be allowed to produce a VERY limited quantity of 2 strokes for so many clean burning 4 strokes produced. however, the GPR will almost definitely be a 4 stroke since they sell too many. more than likely, their superjet will remain as a 2 stroke since they only sell a very small quantity and the added weight of a 4 stroke compared to a 2 stroke would really impede what the superjet excells at- freestyle.

and like i said, nobody knows for sure yet. yamaha hasn't released any information about 07 models skis and they never do release any info until late august/ september.

your shop should have talked to you about which prop you would want. there is a very big difference on how your ski handles with each one and also which one will be best for the future. a 14/19 solas has great acceleration and an improved top end speed. a 14/20 is best for modified engines for top end speed.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:53 PM
Raylon

From my viewpoint, a 4 stroke is not meant for speed, but you are right, I see so many 4 strokers out there it is ridiculous, and most are Yamaha's. They are probably selling as many PWC's as all the other companies combined. Have you heard anything about the RXP losing power? I wonder if anyone else has been rebuilding there engines if they want to keep their speed.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:56 PM
skysurfer2010

the reason everyone is switching over to 4 strokes is due to the EPA regulations emposed by the government. next year 2 strokes will pretty much be banned from production. 4 strokes are much more environment friendly. and true, 2 strokes are much better at producing more performance, 4 strokes are much more economical to run and also will outlast a 2 stroke easily.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Raylon

Banned? I didn't think that was possible. I guess they can ban it from PWC's, but OB's will continue to be made as 2 strokes I bet. But then again, I see more and more Honda and Mercury OB's that are 4 stroke, and I love the new Verado motors that Mercury just came out with. I hope to see the GPR stay a 2 stroke for as long as possible. It's just not right to see a RXP doing 70MPH but not hear it Gotta love the loud GPR's.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Dannn

Has anyone thought of the stupid people that seem to think that jetskiis are submarines? We had a 2000 GTX ME in our shop and we had to put a new motor in it... why? They flipped it over and decided to go swimming before flipping it back over the wrong way. It filled up with water and sucked it all in through the air intake thus burning up the motor. What about a 4 stroke... you fill the motor with water and what happens? Time for an oil change... I am not familiar with the 4 strokes because of this aspect that me and my dad have thought up and we realize that 2 strokes are alot eaisier to drain out after relatives have filled them with water due to flipping them. And how well do the yamahas ride the rough waves? cause we're looking into one to replace the '01 gtx we just sold. Ive heard they arent that good in rough water but there may be mixed opinions... Long live the XP LE its the best ride ive had in a while.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:18 AM
nitro_D

I have a seadoo gtx-sc 185hp with around 60 hours on it. There have been no problems with it AT ALL. It has an upgraded inpellor which gives it a better launch which is what the stock rxt/rxp's have over the older model. The only difference is that the rxp/rxt has an ic.

I havent had a yamaha but maybe people shouldnt say things about stuff they dont own.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.