Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Brushed motors Avaible??

Old 03-08-2011, 06:30 AM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushed motors Avaible??

Hi:New with this electricstuff but wondering!I have an oldAdventrua twinwith brushed motors.One has failed but seem impossible to find a replacement realize need to replace both but HK and Tower etc don't even sell them anymore apparently.Just thought would avoid the hassle of changeing ESc's etc with a change to outrunners but maybe that only alternative!??Plane not worth poutting lot of time and money into,it is pretty old already!Thanks for hints!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:52 AM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Brushed motors Avaible??

Try Hobby Lobby, can't remember the website info.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:54 AM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hobby-lobby.com
Old 03-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Dr Kiwi

Seems Hobby-Lobby has no stock of Speed 400's: try here: http://www.icare-rc.com/brushed_motor.htm... you probably want the 6v version.

Try here too: http://www.stevensaero.com/GWS-Speed...0-p-16443.html
Old 03-08-2011, 06:27 PM
moodier

Maybe that is why it flys so good I am useing it with 3 cell LiPo,needless to say I am not much up on these electrics it was hanging in hobby shop and was cute!But the motor does say speed 400!If I find one can I mix with the one I have?Would the RPMs be same if both are speed 400s,or would d I have to replace them as a pair also! I have found it necessary to replace Outrunners in pairs?Thanks!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:30 PM
moodier

OK !I checked that Stevens outfit and they show the 6volt speed 400s avaiable.I have been running the ones in the plane on 3 cell are some for higher volts or have I just been lucky that it hasen't burned up!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Dr Kiwi

Just FYI: the designation of "6v Speed 400" and "7.2v Speed 400" in no way relates to the voltage we use 'em on. Both can be used on 2s or 3s... even 4s... it is just that the 6v version is higher Kv and needs a smaller prop than would a lower Kv "7.2v Speed 400".

The 6v version can't spin more than a 4"-5" prop on 3s without frying... the 7.2v version can probably (just) manage a 5x5 (~12A)