Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Grayson Hobby - ESC Programming

Old 05-30-2011, 06:31 AM
guitardude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grayson Hobby - ESC Programming

Hello everyon! I'm in the process of trying to program a Grayson Hobbies Speed controller (20 amp) on a different radio, just going from a JR 6102 to a JR 7202 and I can't get the throttle set up. EVERYTHING else works fine. I'm assuming that once I hear the three beeps for the "Brake" I set my throttle stick to the full down/idle position. But I don't know if I'm supose to leave it there, or move it back up. Been trying to get this thing programmed for over an hour. Had the same proble when I initially got the plane set up, and have NO idea how I finally got it to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

David
Old 05-30-2011, 09:00 AM
etarak

Default RE: Grayson Hobby - ESC Programming

Go to www.graysonhobby.com and find the 20amp esc. Click on the speed controller and when you get to next page you will see an item at the bottom in large blue letters (More Info Manual). It will give you the required instructions. I hope this is of some help.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:59 AM
guitardude

Thanks etarac, however I had already downloaded two different manuals for that speed controller from Grayson's site. After trying to program the speed controller on and off for the last couple of days I finally got it to work.

The problem, and there's NOTHING IN THE MANUAL ABOUT THIS, is not ONLY does you'r throttle control stick have to be pulled all the way to "0" BUT your "Throttle Trim" ALSO has to be set to "0", i.e. all the way negative on the display. I had my throttle trim set at what I would consider "0" trim, as the display indicated that the trim was set exactly in the middle, but it MUST be set all the way negative in order for the speed controller to accept the brake/throttle program.

Once I figured that out I got it to program the "brake" and it fired right up.

Thanks for your help though.

David
Old 06-04-2011, 05:45 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Iwas going to post that the trim needs to be all the way down too, but see you got it working. Ifound that little tidbit out with my UM t28, dang thing wouldnt power up, so I called HH and they had me move the trim to full down, and that did the trick. Ifigured that is what was causing your pain too.