Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Exceed RC rocket motors

Old 01-23-2012, 08:54 AM
dbarnes6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceed RC rocket motors

Has anyone had any experience with the Exceed RC rocket series motors you can buy on www.hobbypartz.com? Just curious if they are a decent quality. I'm looking at going smaller and going electric and I am looking for some opinions on these motors and any of their other products like ESC's and Batteries. They have some good prices, but I'm just concerned about the quality.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:11 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Exceed RC rocket motors

Well I have 3 of them and they work well. I have just started testing my latest one. It is a 3400 kv motor. It is crazy motor. I hooked it up to a 40 amp ESC, 800 mah 3s battery, 6x5.5 APC "E" prop and it screams big time. I have it over propped right now./ It should be a 6x4 or a 5x5 prop. It started to heat the battery leads. The ESC and battery started to get warm but the motor was still room temperature. I should be able to get some number written down this weekend.

The other have worked well to.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/86ma68-2205-3400kv.html

Buzz.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:05 AM
Dr Kiwi

Where do they get their numbers from... a 62g motor is probably good for <20A/200W sustained running (~3W/g).... they say 350W which is a bit over the top... then they say burst current can be 70A/30 seconds... >750W through a cheap 62g motor... wow!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:02 AM
fmw

Optimism has its place, but not in motor performance ratings.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:55 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I received the connectors today. I will make up a couple of adapter so I can hook up the watt meter to it for a test run on a few props.

When I was reading it, 70 amps for 30 seconds. I went yeah right, magic smoke in the making .

I also received a couple of new batteries. These have nice wires and 4.0mm connectors. These may be able to handle the loads.

Buzz.

P.S. Dr. Kiwi, it sounds good on paper. They may be able to claim it does 300 amps for .3 seconds. Still would not believe them.