Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

which prop for my 400?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 05:14 PM
DAVE KEPHART
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which prop for my 400?

i have a Wattage j-3 cub i'm putting in my old Zagi 400 motor,what prop should i use ,i'm very new to the stuff 'cept zagis

thanks
Old 08-28-2003, 06:48 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Flip the Zagi prop over and use it! Direct drive, you really don't want to get any larger than a 6x3 prop.

Be aware that your motor has been running backwards, and is broken in that way. Because of the way the brushes are now shaped, you won't get quite as much power out of it when you start running it "forwards" again.

What might be ideal is a Wattage "380" gearbox and a 9x6, 9x7, or 10x6 prop. The motor has to run backwards to make the propeller turn forwards, so you wouldn't be switching the way the motor turns.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:29 PM
DAVE KEPHART
My Feedback: (13)

THAT MAKES SENSE,WHAT ABOUT MY LEFT OVER MOTOR FROM MY GWS DEHAVILAND?,I DON'T KNOW WHAT SIZE IT IS BUT IT IS GEARED.