Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

I am powering a twin with a seperate esc and 5 cell lipo for each motor.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Jim Z

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default I am powering a twin with a seperate esc and 5 cell lipo for each motor.

My concern is that when I connect the throttle lead from each of the esc's to the receiver that I could over power the receiver, and destroy the receiver. Is this a possibility?
Old 08-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Dr Kiwi

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: I am powering a twin with a seperate esc and 5 cell lipo for each motor.

Typically the red wire from one of the ESCs is severed... (or, better... a short servo extension is used, and the red wire is cut on that, leaving both ESCs intact for future projects). Some paired ESCs apparently are okay without cutting one power wire... but standard practice is to use only one power source for the Rx.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Jim Z

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: I am powering a twin with a seperate esc and 5 cell lipo for each motor.

Thanks for the info Doc, but now I am even more confused. What did you mean by paired ESC's? I am new to electric RC in the larger scale. The ESC's I am using are the ElectriFly Silver series SS-60. I am using a seperate 4.8v 2000mah battery to power the the Rx & servos, because the instructions say this ESC does not have a built-in BEC. I am using a "Y" harness between the ESC's and the Rx. Is this ok ? I appreciate all your help Jim.

Search this Thread