Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am powering a twin with a seperate esc and 5 cell lipo for each motor.

My concern is that when I connect the throttle lead from each of the esc's to the receiver that I could over power the receiver, and destroy the receiver. Is this a possibility?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: I am powering a twin with a seperate esc and 5 cell lipo for each motor.

Typically the red wire from one of the ESCs is severed... (or, better... a short servo extension is used, and the red wire is cut on that, leaving both ESCs intact for future projects). Some paired ESCs apparently are okay without cutting one power wire... but standard practice is to use only one power source for the Rx.
    Dr Phil Millener, Chattanooga, TN

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: I am powering a twin with a seperate esc and 5 cell lipo for each motor.

Thanks for the info Doc, but now I am even more confused. What did you mean by paired ESC's? I am new to electric RC in the larger scale. The ESC's I am using are the ElectriFly Silver series SS-60. I am using a seperate 4.8v 2000mah battery to power the the Rx & servos, because the instructions say this ESC does not have a built-in BEC. I am using a "Y" harness between the ESC's and the Rx. Is this ok ? I appreciate all your help Jim.