Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Hacker C50 12XL motor

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 06:04 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Hacker C50 12XL motor

I have one of this that I picked up recently, not sure if I will use it since it would need at least 6S packs, and I really dont feel like dishing out more money on batteries for a plane I may not fly, or worse, lose on the first flight. I found what the motor lists for, and it is brand new, never flown, heck I dont even know if it had a real pack put on it. I put a 3S on it, and it spun for 15 seconds until the voltage dipped below the ESC cutoff.

So what is this one worth in comparison to a glow or gas motor? I have a hanger full of planes already, mostly glow and gas, just a couple small 3S electrics, and dont really see that I will be putting out more cash on packs and chargers for this larger motor. The plane is designed for glow and will get a glow motor I have for it, but would like to find a good home for this motor, just need to know what its FMV is for the upcoming swap meets.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Dr Kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hacker C50 12XL motor

I've seen 'em for sale at as low as $225... others seem to want more.