Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

BL motor and battery option for GP Edge 540 flat out

Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

BL motor and battery option for GP Edge 540 flat out

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 01:43 PM
RURC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BL motor and battery option for GP Edge 540 flat out

Flyers and all you aircraft techies I need your help.

My 13 year old son is building his first aircraft. I bought a few years ago an GP Red Bull Flatout Edge 540

We have been 6 feet deep in RC cars for ever so this just sat in the closet. Well he dug it out a couple of days ago and said lets do it.

Well I had bought a receiver and servos (Futaba as recommended in the instructions) so I have these already but we need a motor, battery and ESC. Positively going brushless and lipo. I really do not know planes. the instructions call out A Rim Fire motor but in this much time I am sure that there is better stuff.

Please make suggestions as I just dont know where to turn.

I am also going to need a single conversion transmitter that will work with Futaba.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Dr Kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BL motor and battery option for GP Edge 540 flat out

Here is what someone suggests: I had a Red Bull Edge with axi 2208/34. Used a Jeti 8 amp advance and TP900 3 cells.

You can find cheaper 2208 motors (40-45g) with the same Kv (1100) [e.g. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...strSearch=2822, and cheaper, yet still decent, ESCs (Turnigy Plush). Try Hobby King.