Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

No beeps or engine function after battery connected

Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

No beeps or engine function after battery connected

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 06:07 PM
duncaj01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No beeps or engine function after battery connected

Just completed a built of the Dynam Spitfire (1200mm). All control sufaces work fine, however, giving throttle only results in the engine chattering back and forth. No beeps when battery connected. Any ideas? Just a bad ESC? Any testing recommendations?
Old 04-14-2013, 06:30 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: No beeps or engine function after battery connected

Usually that means the motor is only running on two instead of three phase. Could be a bad wire/connector from the ESC or a bad wire/connector on the motor. All three wires are connected?
You should get some kind of tones from the motor even if you have the throttle direction reversed on the transmitter and you are in programming mode.
If all wires are connected and check out and you hear no tones then I would say the motor .
Troubleshoot by hooking up another motor to that ESC and/or another ESC to that motor.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:47 AM
duncaj01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: No beeps or engine function after battery connected

Thanks. I went ahead and removed the engine and found that one of the three wires to the ESC was disconnected. I reconnected and then observed that the motor was running backwards. While the three wires were connected properly according to the color codes, I went ahead and swapped the blue and black wire. It now runs properly and all beeps are correct. Thanks again for responding.