Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

Eflite 60 amp ESC ...not PRO.....Programming help

Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Eflite 60 amp ESC ...not PRO.....Programming help

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 10:06 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eflite 60 amp ESC ...not PRO.....Programming help

I have an Eflite 60 amp esc. At first glance it looks like an Eflite 60 amp PRO esc but it's not.
I installed it to replace an Eflite 60 amp- PRO and the first thing I noticed when connecting a 5-cell pack was that it would not start-up /initialize. It emitted two fast beeps and continued that cadence until the pack was unplugged. I tried a 4-cell and 3-cell pack and on both the esc would start-up BUT the start-up tones are different than those of a PRO.
I tried to enter manual programming mode following the instructions of the PRO and the programming tones and program menu are different than the PRO. For selections 1 through 4 it emits a single beep, double, beep, triple beep, and quad beep just like the PRO. When it come to menu option #5 it emits a long tone of a different frequency, option#6 emits a long tone and a short beep(beep is similar in sound to the first four menu beeps), option #7 is a long tone and (2) short beeps, then there is a pause and (2) beeps then the programming menu starts again.
I selected option #1 and it had only two selections to change so I assumed that was the brake. I set it to the second selection and sure enough the brake was on. The brake option on the PRO is option #3 not #1. Other than the brake I am lost as to what options # 2 through # 7 are.

To sum up here is what I know about this esc:
*It resembles a PRO esc from the outside.
* It is an older esc from around 2008 from internet searches as I see it mentioned but can't find any supporting documents for it..
* It works on 4-cell packs but not 5-cell.
* Start-up and programming tones are different than the PRO.
* Programming menu is different than the PRO.
* The Eflite serial programmer will not recognize it when plugged in.
* Contacted Horizon and they are having a hard time getting programming info on it. Probably the guy there who would have known is now running an RC Turbine engine company.

Below are a few pics ad a short audio where you can hear the tones.
If anyone has the programming menu or instructions I would appreciate it.
Thanks,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZRAeo7iL6M
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2739.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	1919678   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2742.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	4.06 MB
ID:	1919679   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2740.JPG