Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

How do i get more clearance

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 08:48 AM
oldbassard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do i get more clearance

Hey Gang

I am working on a Cessna T-50 in 1/6 scale. The plans calls for twin 40 Nitro engines and I am converting it to electric. I bought Williams dummy engines to put in the cowls. If I try to put out runners in it, I don't have enough clearance between the dummy radials and the propellers for the dummy engines. Does anyone know of any way to get more clearance between the front of the motor and the propeller? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I appreciate any response thanks
Old 12-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Dr Kiwi

This question came up on RC Groups yesterday. I don't know the diameter of your motor motor shafts (4mm?, 5mm?, 6mm?).You may be able to fit longer motor shafts or use longer style adapters to get another 10mm-20mm. Here are suggestions for 4mm:

"This is as long as I can find in a quick search: http://www.headsuphobby.com/Replacem...m-Z-100-16.htm

Cyclops was referring to this: http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...04&pid=V517218 "
Old 12-08-2013, 09:24 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Many of the motors have an accessory shaft that bolts to one end. Tru turn (and others) have or can make such items to order if needed.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:47 AM
oldbassard

Hey Guys

Thanks for your responses, both of them did help