Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Slipping Prop Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 09:03 AM
sgsterling
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slipping Prop Adapter

I bought a Hobbico/Flyzone Tidewater electric floatplane to fly here on Lake Havasu because my glow-powered Ace Seamaster is a bit too loud in the RV park (we are right on the lake-- walk out the door and fly!) It uses a 2826-1250kv motor (provided) with supposedly 3mm prop shaft and collet-type adapter.

I can't keep the dang prop adapter from spinning. I've been through 4 now. Lost 2 in the lake as they spun off. Lost 2 more trying to tighten them down sufficiently-- broke the aluminum prop shaft off.

Any ideas on how to make those collet type prop adapters grip the shaft sufficiently?
Old 02-17-2014, 01:32 PM
Dr Kiwi

Check that the shaft is indeed 3mm and that the collet adapter is not 3.2mm. Or try one of these: http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLM1929

Last edited by Dr Kiwi; 02-17-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:52 AM
sgsterling
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks-- I've tried a couple marked as 3.0mm purchased from the local hobby store, plus another I borrowed from another airplane motor I had. And the OEM one that it came with. Might have been mis-marked. But that is certainly the symptom-- the shaft is smaller than what the collet adapter is made for. Do they ever make 2.8 mm shafts??
Old 02-18-2014, 08:45 AM
Dr Kiwi

You may be stuck with using a set-screwed version.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:00 AM
zeroback

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...d=0CKgBEKYrMAI

Pick up one of these, and the mystery will be solved.