Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Turnigy T285A ESC Trouble

Old 05-31-2014, 01:15 PM
coachrem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turnigy T285A ESC Trouble

When I power up my plane with the radio on I get 5 beeps a pause and another beep. My control surfaces work but the motor will not go. I am trying to power a Turnigy G60-300 Brushless motor using a Turnigy T4000 5s 30c battery. Can someone help me?
Old 06-10-2014, 10:39 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

The esc is not getting an arming signal. Couple of things to try. #1 turn your throttle trim all the way down.
#2 set your throttle range. Throttle on tx all the way on, turn on tx. Plug in pack to esc, listen for a couple of beeps then pull the throttle to off. You should hear a beep or two, followed by the arming tones.

#3 if using a Futaba transmitter, you may need to reverse the throttle setting.

NOTE: Remove the prop before attempting any of these!!!
Old 06-11-2014, 12:07 PM
coachrem

Thanks for the info. Tried all your suggestions and still does not energize the motor. Most likely a bum ESC. I emailed Hobby King about this situation and they are very difficult to communicate with.
Thank you again for taking the time to help me address this issue.