Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

dumb question - 100A ESC with HK Vampire

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 03:27 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default dumb question - 100A ESC with HK Vampire

as the title states this maybe a dumb question. I just took delviery of my HK 1.41m Vampire which has a Lander technology 100A Opto ESC. Supposedly a programable unit. I cant find any info on it anywhere, no manual supplied and can't get a program card.

this is my first electric model so all new to me.

On the leads going to the LiPo pack there is a thin red wire joined to the main postive lead. It has a thin bullet connector on it. no idea what it's purpose may be except for some sort of voltage monitor???

anybody know of these ESC or what the thin red wire might actually be for?

thanks

Last edited by Peter_OZ; 07-31-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:00 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry can't help you with the esc programming, but the thin red cable is most likely an anti spark lead. You connect it before hooking up the main red lead of the battery to the esc.
It gets rid of that loud snap and spark when you plug in the pack when you use it.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:28 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok thanks for that. Yes I had a look last night and the ESC does have a corresponding lead with female connector. Many thanks

I found the website of the bob in china who makes them but no info of course