Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Speed controller identification needed.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:44 AM
Airhead Phil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed controller identification needed.

Hi Guys and Gals, I need your help please...
I have acquired a large glider with a motor grafted into the nose and a speed controller as shown in the pic. I know (well, I've been told) that it is a 60amp ESC and that it's suitable for up to 4s but further info is lacking.There may have been a label on the other face but there's just velcro there now so I don't know what make it is and, consequently, can't find out how to programme it. Does anyone out there know what make it may be? Then I might be able to seek some instructions for it. I primarily want to discover how to engage the brake and how to tell it what battery pack it has been connected to.
I can say that when connected to a battery with the throttle at idle it beeps low, high, low, high and is armed but with the throttle advanced, it waits for a few seconds then beeps once, twice, thrice, four times - you get the idea - up to sixteen beeps (if I can count correctly) then starts at one again. No long beeps or combinations.
Does any of that help?

Thanks for any info you can supply.
Cheers, Phil
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown speed controller.jpeg
Views:	145
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	2107116  
Old 12-04-2015, 08:12 PM
carlnoki

Looks like a Suppo ESC due to the yellow heat shrink, the gold heat sink and their green Caps.

Here's the programming instructions for them. USE 3S batteries for programming. keeps the heat WAY down during programming.

http://www.suppomodel.com/ESC/Normal..._and_above.pdf
Old 12-09-2015, 08:07 AM
Airhead Phil

Thanks Carlnoki, but I had a look at the instructions and they don't agree with the beeps I get with this esc so I guess it's not a Suppo after all. Those 16 beeps seem to be the unique stumbling block in this case. Thanks for the suggestion though (and the link to the instructions - very helpful).
Phil
Old 12-09-2015, 02:28 PM
carlnoki

looks like a Suppo esc to me.
same heat shrink color and lead colors andcap colors as well.
If it is, they do NOT make a programming card for them. you have to use your transmitter
sticks to program them. If it turns out to be a Suppo and you want to program it, use a 2 or 3S battery when you program it.
anything higher in cell count and they tend to get very warm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, while programming.