Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

Cobra 4120/14 710kv motor good choice for a 10Lb Kadet??

Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Cobra 4120/14 710kv motor good choice for a 10Lb Kadet??

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 01:37 PM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cobra 4120/14 710kv motor good choice for a 10Lb Kadet??

I'm still new in elecrtrics, and just converted two old glow planes using brawny Suppo motors. My next project will be a 5 channel 78" Sig Kadet (with flaps) with which this time I prefer to use a Cobra 4120/14 710kv motor. Worse case scenario, with a 4000-5000mah 4s battery, the plane can weigh out at 10 - 10.5 lbs.

Please click onto this link; http://innov8tivedesigns.com/images/...0-14_Specs.htm I plan to use a 15x6 or 15x8 prop and 4s battery.They are listed in the "yellow" column, which means these props are limited to me using only short bursts so as to not stress the motor. My intent is to use the full 900watts of power for strong 20' take-off from the rough field with 4" wheels, and then be able to fly at a more relaxed speed. (I don't have the option of a smooth field with a long and steady 50ft taxi which's fine with weaker motors/ prop combinations)

Is this motor a good choice to handle this size plane?