Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

Need Help finding High Voltage BEC options. Quality preferred

Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Need Help finding High Voltage BEC options. Quality preferred

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 01:01 PM
Reid37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help finding High Voltage BEC options. Quality preferred

Hello all, I am building a flying wing using 4 digital servos. It is a small motor which can easily be run by my 35 amp Commander ESC. It is new in box however it is 8 years old so it is the old version, it might not matter because my airframe requires 7.4 volts per servo. Can someone direct me towards a 35-amp ESC with a 7.4V BEC? I realize this might be asking a lot however I am only using four servos and am willing and able to use an external BEC. The airplane has a camera in a bubble canopy and looks really nice I have room for an external if required.

If someone could explain my options that would help a lot my airframe will be done soon and it would be nice to have my electronics setup.

Thanks so much in advance will post link to build thread once I get going further

Ar
Old 03-29-2016, 06:58 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I am far from an electronics expert. But maybe me jumping in will get you some more help. I would go at this issue with a lipo that has two leads using one lead to run the RX and the second to run the ESC. A 2 cell will you give you the 7.4V you ask for. A LiFe can also be had with 2 leads but is only 6.6V. I think this type of batter would simplify your set up a little. I have used one like I posting below with great success. It does not charge through a Dean's so you may need a Smart Fly to charge it if you don't have one.

Hope this help, david

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEBHR&P=7
Old 03-29-2016, 08:32 AM
Reid37

Very interesting, I purchased a Castle Creations 10 amp BEC and a usb programmer. Now i can tune any future CC ESC's and I can set it for 7V. This should allow my esc to not need ventilation.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:13 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Let us know what set up you end up. Someone else might benefit from your set up.

David
Old 03-29-2016, 02:22 PM
Reid37

Yes, the scorpion esc and CC BEC should pair up with out problem.

I will post a link here to the build thread once I finish the Airframe. I'm interested as well as these servos are very light and have 100 and 70oz respectively(4 servo elevon) thanks

Last edited by Reid37; 03-29-2016 at 02:24 PM.