Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

What brushless motors should I use for these old kits

Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

What brushless motors should I use for these old kits

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 10:46 AM
ptople

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking What brushless motors should I use for these old kits

I have two kits with brushed motors... A Carl Goldberg Electra and a Great Planes Spectra,,, both kits came with motors... I would like to put brushless motors in them, but don't know what I should get. Please advise me.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:19 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could fly the Electra with an E-Flite Park 400 motor, a 25amp ESC and a 9x5 folding prop.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:11 AM
jollyroger
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Great Planes Spectra and using a Hyperion outrunner which I believe...without having to pull it, is a G220-10. No longer available. It can take up to around 300watts but using a Graupner CAM folder, 10X6 and 3S pack = 26.54A and 294.6W in.
You don;t need anything more than a 10 or 11" folder for a 2 meter bird.
I originally flew it with a Multiplex BL-480/4G brushless motor /gearbox combo which gave good performance as well. Changed to an outrunner for a bit more quite operation. Gearboxes tend to be a bit on the noisey side unless they're the expensive kind from Neumotors or Hacker.
Don't need much for a Spectra.
On the other hand I have a Sig Riser 100 with one of the new Axis designed for gliders. Good for 600 or 700 watts.