Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Phoenix Edge ESC Initial Programming

Old 08-30-2017, 05:16 PM
ramboy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Phoenix Edge ESC Initial Programming

I have a Castle Creations Phoenix Edge 50 amp ESC connected to a Tactic 4 channel radio/6 channel receiver on one side and a Himaxx motor on the other end. When I power up the receiver/ESC, how do I program the max/min throttle? The ESC instruction manual does not specifically state what to do. After powering up, the ESC does a sequence of beeps, but I do not know what to do after that.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:48 AM
blvdbuzzard

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

On a wild guess, raise the throttle to high, radio on, plug in ESC, should give a series of beeps, right when the last beep, lower the throttle all the way, should beep again, that should do it. If not, then do the same thing, lower the stick, wait for beeps, then raise the stick, wait for beeps. Some do not need a setup, so may just try that. Take the prop off of course before trying any type of programing.

Buzz.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:59 AM
Quorneng

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Castle Creation web site tells you the Phoenix Edge 50 amp ESC has an auto calibrating throttle so you don't have to do anything unless you are using Futaba in which case you have to reverse the throttle channel on the Tx..
It also gives the default settings for its other features.
Unless you have an unusual set up I would expect the default setting would work fine.

Last edited by Quorneng; 09-14-2017 at 07:02 AM.

Search this Thread