Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Help me choose Prop please..

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 04:22 AM
Downwind3Zero
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me choose Prop please..

Hi all,
Using Crazy Sparow Stryro Kit, 8 cell 500AR batt pack, Speed300 and gear 4.5:1 - which Prop?

also..

Crazy Sparow Stryro Kit, 8 cell 500AR batt pack, Speed3280 and gear 4:1 - which Prop?

Would really appreciate suggestions

PS: Burned out 2 Speed 280 w/ above setup using 9x6 Prop!?
Old 10-11-2003, 04:56 PM
Wingman33

Default RE: Help me choose Prop please..

Apc 7x6 tops .this will be the max you can put on that comb or a Apc7x4 electric .
Old 10-12-2003, 08:41 AM
Dr Kiwi

Hi downwind3zero,

Again - use this FIRST!

http://brantuas.com/ezcalc/dma.asp

That would have told you a 9x6 was a no, no!

Cheers, Phil

I trust my renegade and less than patriotic countrymen (Brad Butterworth et al.) are happy in Switzerland with the Americas Cup - tell them to keep it polished until real Kiwis come and take it back in a couple of years time!
Old 10-13-2003, 07:29 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Well, technically P-Calc wouldn't "tell" you that it was a no-no. There won't be any sirens wailing or red flashing lights. The only way you'd know it was a no-no is if you knew how much current the motors could take.

8 cells, Speed 280, 4:1 gearbox, 9x6 MA prop is only 2.59 Amps... Is that too much for a Speed 280? Someone who doesn't know that motors have limits wouldn't know. The 280s are burning out because the 8 cells are making them spin too fast.

8 cells, Speed 300, 4:1 gearbox, 9x6 MA prop is 13.67 Amps... Is that too much for a Speed 300? Sounds great to someone with no knowledge of electric motors. Too bad it's a meltdown waiting to happen.