Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

ESC for AXI 2208 34

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 12:51 AM
Wildstyle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC for AXI 2208 34

Hello
I am planning on buying a shockflyer in the next week and can't decide on which speed control to get, Either a Castle Creations Phoenix 10amp or a Jeti Advance 8Amp, and I need some advice. This is my first electric so I have no previous knowledge of electric flight.

Which one is best suited for the AXI?
Which one is easier to setup?

Once the ESC is programmed does it hold the settings in memory or does it have to be reprogrammed before each flight? from the small reading I have done I think the CC10 holds it settings, but I don't know about the jeti.

Thanks Anthony
Old 07-20-2004, 10:04 AM
phuffstatler
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: ESC for AXI 2208 34

I'm using the Jeti 08-3P on mine, and it works very well. As you can see in the picture, I used the mounting kit, and had to wire the motor with red to black, etc. to get the prop turning in the right direction. It does hold it's programming after power off, so that part is just fine.

Mine flies pretty good with a 2S 1900 LiPo, but really goes ballistic with the 3S 1300. I recommend the 3S pack for the most performance....

Good luck!

phil in austin
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49246.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	155483  
Old 07-20-2004, 11:12 AM
Mike Parsons

Default RE: ESC for AXI 2208 34

ORIGINAL: Wildstyle

Hello
I am planning on buying a shockflyer in the next week and can't decide on which speed control to get, Either a Castle Creations Phoenix 10amp or a Jeti Advance 8Amp, and I need some advice. This is my first electric so I have no previous knowledge of electric flight.

Which one is best suited for the AXI?
Which one is easier to setup?

Once the ESC is programmed does it hold the settings in memory or does it have to be reprogrammed before each flight? from the small reading I have done I think the CC10 holds it settings, but I don't know about the jeti.

Thanks Anthony
Anthony,
Either one will work. Both are outstanding Speed controllers. Castle will give you a bit more programming options than the Jeti will however. Castle also has a USB programmer that can be purchased seperately to ease in programming. I use one on everything from my CC-35's to CC-80's and it has simplified changes....especially if you only want to change one option. I also run Jeti's, so I am bias towards both.
And as Phil stated, they will hold their programming with the power off as the options are encoded.

-Mike