Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

$1,000,000 receiver question

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 10:56 AM
fireplug1111
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $1,000,000 receiver question

Ok guys:

Heres the million dollar gws receiver question.
I have a new GWS gwr-6n receiver for a futaba radio. I want to use a esp for a 300 motor. Do I need a seperate battery for the receiver or can I use the one for the motor? On my receiver it has the channels marked and it is 1 thru 6 with 6 having a / battery mark (6/B). Is this where my battery ESC hooks up or does it go on a differect channel? That is the million dollar question?
When I had a gws kit with a gws tx and rx the ESC went into the 4/B location. Do I hook up my ESC to the throttle location on the rx?
Thanks Alan
Old 08-11-2004, 11:22 AM
Matt Kirsch

Default RE: $1,000,000 receiver question

Something neat to know about receivers is that the servos have three pins: +, -, and signal. All the + pins are connected together. All the - pins are connected together. This means you can plug the battery in wherever you want, and it will work.

You CAN use a separate receiver battery, but for smaller applications, you save quite a bit of weight by using the BEC built into the speed control. The throttle for Futaba radios is on channel 3. I think you can answer your $1,000,000 question with this info
Old 08-11-2004, 12:28 PM
fireplug1111

Default RE: $1,000,000 receiver question

Awesome dude Thanks a million....

check is in the mail......

Alan