Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Brushless....WOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 06:56 PM
CHassan
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Brushless....WOW!!

I've been building some fanfold planes using the GWS 350 motors. I bought a 3cell li-poly and fried the motor. Picked up a brushless today and all I can say is OH...MY...GOD!!!!!!! What was I waiting for?
Even with the extra cost, it was worth it. 0-60 in .03 seconds Ok maybe not that fast but 0-full speed with much swiftness!!

Count me converted!!
Old 09-27-2004, 08:02 PM
INeedHelp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brushless....WOW!!

The differance is amazing isn't it. I still need to go brushless on my Tiger Moth 400 from GWS but I have several planes that are already and they will never be brushed again.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:01 PM
rchowie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brushless....WOW!!

I just put an E-flight 400 in my Tiger Moth 400. The only thing that I changed was the gearbox, I used a 300 gearbox, because the motor fit better and the fact that more than one prop could be used (400 gearbox only has 1060 prop to fit shaft). The only problem that I ran into was the pinion, I changed the gear ratio to 6.6:1 and now I cant seem to keep the motor shaft from spinning inside the pinion, even with purple locktight.

I also did some mods to the wing struts by replacing the stock plastic with carbon struts with N-braces.

All I have to say is WOW! The plane is now faster than I can handle and stiff enough to hold together in the most demanding conditions.

If you would like pics or if you have a questions about the mod, just ask?

If you would like pics or if you have a questions about the mod, just ask?