Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

New Himax "Outrunner"

Old 03-10-2005, 09:44 PM
voodoo_chicken1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: New Himax "Outrunner"

I have the 2808-980 and ran a few tests for everyone's reference:

battery/prop-----watts---amps
2 cell 8x3.6-------27------3.7
2 cell 9x47--------32------4.5
2 cell 8x6---------33------4.6
2 cell 10x47-------39------5.7
3 cell 8x3.6-------65------6.15
3 cell 9x47--------75------7
3 cell 8x6----------77------7.4

Himax is a local establish in my area. I picked a 2808-980 from Venture hobbies in Wheeling for $47.99. The 2812 series sells for $54.99. Can't beat that with a chicken stick. I've also learned that the 2816 series will be available late March/Early April. Price at about $75. I plan on using it in the Mini Funtana.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:37 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: New Himax "Outrunner"

Voodoo,,thanks for the numbers..that $99 combo deal is great..if had any need at all for a 3rd brushless mtor now..i would by one..but im trying not to let this hobby get out of control..as far as having 5 or 10 planes laying around and tons of accesories...when it gets to that extreme..you almost need a whole seprate room in the house for storage..and i already have my basement fully cluttered up with recording gear { a mini recording studio} the phoenix 25 esc usually runs between $70-80 shipped..so your basically getting a himax brushless for $20..heck..a zagi reverse timed brushed motor or graupner speed 400 brushed is gonna cost a person $12-20 to buy with shipping....I forsee in the Near future { this year} brushless becoming almost as commonnly used as brushed motors..ecspecially when a person can buy them for only $10-$20 more then the cost of a throwaway brushed motor...I also have a feeling that the r/c market is gonna start offering alot of RTF packages with brushless options..in an affordable price range {under$200}...